Bring interactivity and power of visual collaboration to your classroom and study! Miro provides a free Educational account to staff members and students of educational institutions.
Education plan features
Education plan users can take advantage of the following features:
✏️ Check this article
to see Education plan features compared to other plans.
✏️ Learn more about user and team management on Education plan in this article
Institutions that qualify
Qualified educational institutions include all accredited public or private schools, including:
- Middle schools and high schools
- Junior colleges
- Colleges, universities, and technical schools
- MBA schools
- Online schools accredited by the local Department of Education and awarding an academic degree.
Organizations that do not qualify
The following types of organizations are not qualified educational institutions:
- Non-accredited educational institutions
- Training programs, vocational schools, retraining programs
- Churches, hospitals, health care systems, and public libraries
- Research laboratories
How to apply for an Education account
To apply for an Education account, fill out the application form
on our website. There you will need to provide a document supporting your student/employment status (a school ID would do, or a screenshot of the web page from your school's website where your position is stated) and a document confirming the accreditation of your institution. For accreditation confirmation, you may use a screenshot from your institution's website confirming their accredited/officially recognized status, or a letter from your institution's central administrator, or any other confirmation.
It is also necessary to include your educational email address: an email that ends in *.edu or *.k12, or belongs to the domain of your public educational institution. If you don’t have an educational email address, provide proof of your affiliation with an educational institution.
It may take us up to 10 days
to respond to your application, as we've been getting a lot of requests recently. When your account is created you will receive an invitation email with the login information from Miro (if you are not registered
with Miro) or a notification saying that your Education account is now available on your dashboard
(if you already have
a profile with Miro). Please note that you may be a member of several teams and need to switch to the Education team on the left sidebar.
Education plan limitations
- The account is valid forever for educators. 100 members in a team
- The account is valid for two years for students. 10 members in a team
- One Education account per email (multiple accounts per domain)
- One Team Admin
- No Video chat / Rally / Azure Cards / Asana Cards
- No email support
Getting started with Education plan
To learn more about conducting remote classes with Miro visit these pages in our blog and Help Center:
Frequently asked questions
1. How can I apply for an Education account?
- If you are a teacher/staff member/student of an educational establishment, please fill in the application form here
providing any documentation that proves your employment/student status (proof of active enrollment) and the accreditation of your institution.
2. Is Education plan free?
- Yes, it is free.
3. My company is a non-profit organization but not an educational institution. Are we eligible for the Education account?
- No, but we have a special offer for NPO as well, please check this article
for more information.
4. Is Education plan available for educational institutions outside the US?
- Yes, educational institutions accredited in the country of residence by an authorized governmental agency are eligible. Find the list of institutions that qualify here
5. Why are Education accounts for students valid for 2 years only?
- Sometimes Education accounts are created for graduate students who may need just 1 or 2 years of Miro usage. You can re-apply for the license once it’s over by providing us with proof that you are still a student and we will prolong your account for another 2 years.
6. I was granted the Education license but my account is still free and I have to upgrade.
- You're probably a member of multiple accounts (teams). Please switch to the Education team on the left sidebar of your dashboard
8. Can I create multiple teams within my Education account?
- No, multi-team functionality
is not supported on Education plan. You can use projects
to organize your boards or consider Consultant
plans that support the multi-team feature.
Accredited educational institutions are provided with a discount for Enterprise plan, contact Sales
for more details.
9. Can I move my boards from my other teams to my new Education team?
- Yes, please find the instructions here
10. I have a Miro profile registered under my personal email and would like the Education team to be created in this profile. What do I do?
- Change your profile email to your work email following this guide
and apply for Education plan under your work email.
11. I have a Miro profile registered under my personal email while Education plan has been created for my work email. How can I merge my two profiles?
- You can move your boards from one profile to another using this guide
12. Can I use Miro on mobile?
- Yes, to learn more about Miro Mobile App visit this page
Eligibility: Terms and Conditions
Eligibility: Eligible Participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a qualifying educational institution accredited in the country of residence by an authorized governmental agency;
- Must be willing to provide proof of eligibility to Miro;
- Individuals are not eligible for this program;
- Not currently owning existing paid accounts;
- Anti-discrimination Policy. Must not advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background. Eligible Participants must be willing and have the authority to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to participate in this program.
Eligible Participants must agree to Miro’s standard terms of service
. Offer valid for direct purchase and use only to Eligible Participants. Transfer and/or resale is strictly prohibited. Not valid on previous purchases, and cannot be combined with volume discounts or other product/order level promotions, discounts or offers. Not redeemable for cash. Miro reserves the right to cancel, modify, pause or terminate this program and its terms and conditions at any time. Miro reserves the right to refuse sale to any Eligible Participant in its sole discretion.
Promotional Rights and Case Study Participation: Eligible Participants must be willing to permit Miro to use their name and/or logo to identify Participant as a user and agrees to participate in a case study or testimonial if requested by Miro.
Was this article helpful?
Yes, thanks Not really
Return to top