Getting started with Libby
The free Libby app
is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public, corporate, or academic library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, and in your browser at libbyapp.com
- If you have a device that's not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
- If you belong to a school, you may be able to use our new Sora app to borrow ebooks and audiobooks instead.
Get started with Libby
Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com
in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
Browse your library's collection and borrow a title.
Your selection will vary based on your library, since each library chooses what titles and formats to offer in Libby.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf
) and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose where you'd like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby, Open Magazine, or Open Audiobook to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help
. Happy reading!
LAST UPDATED: 16 SEPTEMBER 2021 11:10 AM
Find library support
© OverDrive, Inc.