The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves as the district center for interlibrary loans. All public libraries in Allegheny County benefit from this valuable service.
Please read the following guidelines before placing an interlibrary loan request or check with your librarian for assistance.
- The interlibrary loan form is to be used to request items NOT found in The Catalog.
- Re-check your search in The Catalog by asking your librarian for assistance, or go to Help for suggestions on how to improve your search.
- If the item you are searching for is not in The Catalog, but is brand new (i.e. bestseller), please fill out the Suggest a Purchase form since we cannot accept these as interlibrary loan requests.
- Fill out as much of the interlibrary loan form as you know.
- One item per request, please.
- You must have a current library card from an eiNetwork member library.
- Interlibrary loans often take 4-6 weeks to fill.