Under the leadership of the vice president for Information Technology and chief information officer (VPIT-CIO)
, Information and Technology Services provides technology and communications services in support of UM-Ann Arbor's academic and research needs. ITS also manages the administrative computing systems and executes the IT security strategy for the Ann Arbor campus, Michigan Medicine, and the two regional campuses (Flint and Dearborn).
The University of Michigan will be a leader in the appropriate use of technology among its peers and in the world.
We are trusted enablers of technology for the U-M community.
- Laser focus on customer service: We work with our customers to understand and help achieve their goals, tackling projects and problems with their needs in mind.
- Proactive: We anticipate problems and work proactively to preempt challenges and concerns, delivering increasingly relevant customer experiences over time.
- Sense of urgency: We help each other respond to and resolve requests in a timely manner.
- Collaborative: We work with each other, the U-M community, and industry peers to support the university mission through innovative use of technology.
- Inclusive: We foster a climate rooted in mutual respect, valuing and learning from our different perspectives, roles, and identities.
- One ITS: We are “One ITS,” working together to provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to the U-M community.