Editorial: Commerce Fellow - Mashable
New York, New York
Position at Mashable
The Ziff Media Group Fellows Program is searching for energetic and motivated individuals looking to develop their career in digital media. If you’re looking for an opportunity to geek out on tech, internet culture and e-commerce, in a fast-paced, data-driven, results-oriented environment, ZMG is the place for you.
This is not an internship; this is a chance to work with the best in digital media, learn the systems we use, and get a better understanding of our brands, content, and business model. Fellows will benefit from hands-on experience working with team leaders on valuable projects that move our company forward. With available positions across multiple departments, from monetization and marketing to analytics and editorial, Fellows will apply fresh and forward-thinking insights to real-life needs.
Fellowships are geared towards individuals in the early stages of their career path who have a foundational knowledge of the industry and experience relevant to the specific role for which they are applying. Fellowships have an initial term of three months which can be extended for up to a total of 12 months. All fellowship roles are paid and eligible for our healthcare benefits.
As the Fellows Program is aimed at cultivating the next generation of digital media leaders, the culmination of the Fellows program may lead to future employment at ZMG. In the past, select high-performing Fellows have become full time employees at the end or shortly after their fellowship was completed.
Mashable is looking for a writing fellow with a passion for finding the best deals and products across technology, entertainment, and culture, and an ability to share his or her excitement with readers in clear, compelling copy. The ideal candidate will be a conversational writer who is confident and careful when reviewing products, has a passion for the topic areas that Mashable covers, and can describe the pros and cons of any given item with conviction. Shopping content includes everything from awesome deals on must-have products to new and interesting items that just hit the market. You will use data, guidance from Mashable leadership, the Mashable editorial calendar, relationships with Mashable business partners, and your own intuition to determine the products to feature in your content. Mashable will generate revenue from your content when readers purchase the products that are featured.
- The day starts when you scour the internet for the best deals and write stories rounding up the best sales for the day
- You’ll also lend your shopping expertise to a series of roundups outlining “the best” of a particular category. (Ex. Best hair dryers, best toaster ovens, best antivirus software.)
- You’ll research technology products, accessories, online courses, pop culture novelty items, entertainment merchandise, and other things that are worth our audience’s time and money
- Utilize Mashable’s analytics tools to track performance of commerce content and make recommendations for long-term direction of commerce offerings
- Work with the Mashable audience development team to ensure promotion for commerce content
- Journalism experience and a desire to find the best deals and products around the web
- Comfortable interviewing sources
- You should have an understanding of Mashable’s audience and writing style
- A huge interest in shopping for great products and deals
- An early adopter of the latest tech products and services
- Flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
- Basic level understanding of working in Content Management Systems
- The ability to multi-task multiple projects and deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
Mashable is a global media and entertainment company that’s passionate about culture and tech. With smart, spirited coverage of stories that keep people talking, Mashable reaches an audience of 70 million monthly users who can’t get enough of the ideas, people, and products they love. Together, our ideas shape the future. Obsess with us.
Ziff Media Group is a portfolio of brands within Ziff Davis, LLC, a J2 Global company, that includes PCMag, Mashable, AskMen, Offers.com, RetailMeNot and BlackFriday.com.
Ziff Media Group is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
© 2019 J2 Global, Inc and its affiliate (collectively, "j2"). All rights reserved.
You have been redirected to a J2 Global job page