Chicago, Illinois Remote - United States Remote - Midwest
Position at J2 Cloud Services
The successful candidate for our Sales Engineer position will be a highly skilled, technically savvy and customer-oriented professional who excels at problem solving, developing innovating solutions and building relationships as a Sales Engineer. The "Sales Engineer" will be instrumental at assuring prospects that our implementation of J2 Cloud Fax Technology and Healthcare Solutions will be a well-managed and successful project. You are an experienced technologist, business writer and relationship manager with a facility for delivering clear, fast, powerful plans, with a vision for how to connect key business systems and communication channels internally and externally. You’ll need to have a strong understanding of the technical elements of the eFax and Consensus product suite and be able to identify out-of-the box avenues for new projects, leveraging your relationships internally and externally. The Sales Engineering Team supports 35 salespeople across multiple teams and countries. This role will report to the Director, Sales Operations and can be based remotely.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate technology knowledge, creativity, energy and enthusiasm for developing solutions for new prospects and existing customers in a highly competitive market. The candidate must be a quick learner who can develop expertise on all technical nuances of existing products and be passionate about identifying new product needs. The candidate will work collaboratively with the Sales and Product teams and have the ability to interact and influence employees at all levels, including senior management. Finally, this candidate must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and ability to build trust with customers, as well as be a good steward of the company’s resources and profits.
- Understand the eFax and Consensus suite of products and present them to both Business and Technical prospects and customers.
- Create and manage technical proposals, solutions and security assessments.
- Develop integrations and workflows to solve prospect and customer needs.
- Present and provide product demonstrations as well as conduct discussions in fax, secure message and healthcare technologies.
- Plan and execute proof of concepts and technical validations, ensuring that all stakeholders are engaged and informed throughout the process.
- Manage both the pre sales and onboarding integrations for the products and services in a clear, well defined and logical manner.
- Identify opportunities for Professional Services engagements.
- Build awareness of j2 products within relevant markets by participating in webinars and conferences, as required.
- Provide feedback from external markets to J2 Marketing and Product Management Teams.
- Train external users on J2 services as required, to ensure a successful conclusion of the proof of concept / technical validation, and to ensure prospects gain a deep level of confidence in the proposed solutions.
- Train new Salespeople on the fundamentals of the Products and Services.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum 8+ years technical and/or engineering experience in similar industries selling to IT organizations of large corporations.
- BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Technical knowledge of APIs, SMTP, TLS and debugging issues based on code snippets.
- Understanding of AWS, SaaS, Software and Security principals, messaging and workflows.
- A proven track record of successfully selling high tech products and services, preferably software-as-a-service, to Enterprise and Mid-Market/Corporate customers.
- Experience working with Healthcare companies and HIPAA compliance.
- General understanding of document and information security as well as data regulations and compliance requirements within a broad spectrum of vertical markets.
- Ability to connect with and converse with Executives, Technical Buyers and Business Owners about related challenges and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships across diverse internal teams – including Product and Engineering.
- Experience in drafting Lean Business Cases and documenting customer needs for Product implementations.
- Ability to work independently from home office, take initiative and support a large territory.
- Ability to travel sufficiently to support the territory including required sales and events.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
© 2019 J2 Global, Inc and its affiliate (collectively, "j2"). All rights reserved.
You have been redirected to a J2 Global job page