Welcome to the Yahoo Brands Permissions policy page. This page is designed to provide guidance on the use of Yahoo's "Yahoo Brands Features", which includes the trademarks, logos, trade dress, web pages, screen shots, copyrighted designs, original content, or other brand features of the "Yahoo Brands" which includes the Yahoo brand itself and the many other brands in the Yahoo family, such as Yahoo, TechCrunch, etc. (“Yahoo Brands Features”). If you still have questions after reading through our guidelines, please complete and submit a formal request via our online form
We appreciate receiving requests that are enthusiastic about and embrace Yahoo’s brands, but unfortunately, we cannot accommodate each request. Keep in mind that the Yahoo Brands Features are protected by applicable trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws worldwide. Although we support and encourage ideas, services, tools and other creative works that use and supplement the Yahoo Brands Features, we must also protect our reputation and brand identity.
On that point, if there is express language on our website stating that you can use particular Yahoo Brands Features, advance written permission is not necessary. In all other cases, you must first contact us to obtain written permission. By using Yahoo Brands Features you agree to follow these guidelines and our Terms
, and, in situations where Yahoo provided express permission, any terms associated with that permission. Yahoo reserves the right to cancel, modify, or change any permissive uses under these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.
A Few Things First
Check out information on many of Yahoo's brands here
If you are an Yahoo partner and have a question about using Yahoo Brands Features under your agreement, please contact your Yahoo business partner.
If you’ve found a website that uses one of the Yahoo Brands Features inappropriately, we’d like to hear about it, please report it here
General Usage Guidelines
- Use the Yahoo Brands Features to refer to Yahoo, the Yahoo Brands, our services and websites, our apps and anything else we offer.
- Use Yahoo's trademarks only as an adjective and never as a noun or verb.
- Provide a reference to Yahoo as the source whenever and wherever possible.
- Provide ample clear space around the Yahoo Brands Features to allow them room to breathe in any given environment.
- Modify or alter the Yahoo Brands Features in any way, such as changing the color or design of our logos, app icons, or screen shots.
- Incorporate Yahoo's trademarks or variants of Yahoo's trademarks in domain names, social media accounts, corporate names, or app names, unless we have given express permission.
- Use Yahoo Brands Features in a way that suggests an affiliation, partnership, sponsorship or endorsement by or with Yahoo.
- Include Yahoo Brands Features in editorial content that suggests it’s been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of, Yahoo or any Yahoo personnel or affiliate.
- Present Yahoo Brands Features in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing or otherwise objectionable.
- Use Yahoo Brands Features on material that infringes the trademark, copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- Combine Yahoo Brands Features as part of a name of a product or service.
- Infringe, derogate, dilute, or impair the rights of Yahoo in the Yahoo Brands Features.
Specific Usage Guidelines
We generally do not approve the use of the Yahoo Brands' logos in third-party marketing materials. This includes online and offline advertising collateral such as:
- Case studies
- Client and referral lists
- Sales presentations
- Print, broadcast, outdoor or online ads
- Product demos
- Trade show booths
Screenshots and Yahoo Finance charts
We generally approve the use of screenshots of our pages (e.g., Yahoo homepage, Yahoo.com search results) and Yahoo Finance charts for instructional or illustrative purposes. You don’t need our permission to use our screenshots and charts, so long as you don’t modify the content or format. Keep in mind our permission does not cover content from third parties (e.g., advertising banners, news stories, stock quotes, maps); we suggest you seek permission from those parties or consider whether your use meets a legal exception. This also applies to photos and/or images that are captured in screenshots. You may resize the screenshots to accommodate publication. We also ask that you attribute Yahoo and the specific Yahoo property (e.g., Yahoo Finance, TechCrunch, Yahoo Sports) in connection with your use.
Articles and Videos found on Yahoo Properties
Some of the articles and videos found on Yahoo are licensed to us by various content providers, so please do not assume you can reuse them. Instead, please submit a request via our online form
so that we can properly process your request.
Commercial, TV or Film
If you would like to use any of the Yahoo Brands Features in a commercial, TV, or film, please submit a request via our online form and remember to include the following information:
- Synopsis of the production
- Description of how Yahoo Brands Features will be used
- Relevant production script pages and scene number(s) in which Yahoo Brands Features will be used
- Visual mock-ups or screenshots of how you intend to present Yahoo Brands Features
Yahoo doesn’t permit the use of our Yahoo Brands Features on merchandise or manufactured items. If you’d like to purchase official Yahoo merchandise, check out our online company store
Yahoo reserves the right to change the appearance of the Yahoo Brands Features at any time without notice. Any use of the Yahoo Brands Features shall inure to the benefit of Yahoo. By using the Yahoo Brands Features pursuant to Yahoo's approval, you acknowledge Yahoo's ownership of all Yahoo Brands Features and warrant that you will not take any action which is inconsistent with Yahoo's ownership.
©2022 Yahoo. All Rights Reserved.