COVID-19 Updates & Changes to Library Services Updated: July 12 (Archives & Special Collections offering contactless access; phased provincial reopening update)
The Library's online resources remain accessible, and research support is still available online.
Visiting the Library
Accessing Library Resources
Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Print Collection
Accessing Library Services
Archives and Special Collections (including Ottawa Resource Collection)
- Archives & Special Collections is currently accepting appointments from students, faculty and staff for contactless access to its collections.
- All general inquiries and reference questions concerning Archives & Special Collections should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reserves desk is closed. Faculty and staff who need material for the current and upcoming terms should contact email@example.com
. Students should check Ares
for material and contact staff with any questions.
GIS Software and Workstations
Graduate Study Spaces
Graduate Study Spaces are not available.
ILL services are available for current faculty, staff and students. Due to libraries operating with limited capacity, users may see longer than normal turnaround times before receiving materials and if the material is available through HathiTrust ETAS, the lending institution will not be able to lend the print item. Once materials are delivered to Carleton, users will have the option of picking up the material through our curbside service or having the items mailed to them. Requests should be submitted through RACER
. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Service Desk
- For questions regarding renewals, library accounts, holds, and returning material please email Library.Services@carleton.ca.
- There is a complete suspension of late fees right now.
New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre
If you need research support assistance please contact us one of the following ways:
- Group study rooms are not available for booking. These rooms are for individual use only on a first come, first served basis when the building is open.
- Classrooms and meeting rooms in the library are not available for booking.
Other Services in the Library
Centre for Student Academic Support (e.g. Writing Services)
Pagebreak is currently closed.
Printing and Photocopying (CU on the GO)
The CU on the GO machines (printers/copiers/scanners) on the ground floor of the library are not available while the building is closed.
Carleton Branch of COOL Research Data Centre
Content last reviewed: June 22, 2021
1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1S 5B6, Canada