Borrow, Renew, Return
BORROW, RENEW, RETURN
The Indiana University South Bend Libraries serve a community of users comprised of IU faculty, staff, students, and Indiana residents. In order to use our materials, users must:
- have a valid library card present to check out materials;
- return materials on time and in good condition;
- behave in an orderly fashion while using the facilities, following building use policies.
Check out at the circulation desk on the east side of the library foyer or at the service desk at the Wiekamp Educational Resources Commons. IU staff and students may see their list of checkouts by using the MYACCOUNT feature of IUCAT: http://iucat.iu.edu/authenticate.cgi?status=MyAccount
All patrons may renew in person or by phone: 574-520-4440
NOTE: Interlibrary loan, reserve, media, and video items have limited or no renewal policies. These will NOT successfully renew online. Items with holds or recalls placed on them may not be renewed. E-readers, media equipment, and reserves may not be renewed.
To request a renewal on an Interlibrary Loan item, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may return materials from any IU Library to our book drops located:
- Outdoor bookdrop located in the Hildreth Circle (open 24 hours)
- Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons (E&A Bldg 2010)
- Franklin D. Schurz Library (outdoor slot) located to the right of the front doors and open when the library is closed
The circulation desks at both the Schurz & Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons will accept returns at all times each library is open.
Report a Problem
If you are experiencing problems with your account, check out our FAQ
or contact us. We want to help.
Schurz Library contact: Katherin Plodowski
Circulation Supervisor, email@example.com
Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons contact: Ryan Weber
Assistant WERC Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: 04/2020