Manual:Pywikibot/Compat/standardize notes.py This page is documentation for Pywikipedia Compat, which is no longer supported. This page is kept for historical interest.
It may document scripts and features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
is a python bot
script for improving references and citations.
The current version
- Uses en:Wikipedia:Footnotes numbered link format through "ref" and "note" templates.
- Converts inline URLs to Footnotes format links to citation entries.
- Converts older link formats such as Footnotes2 to Footnotes format.
- Searches for existing footnotes or citations in several section names, such as "Notes" or "References".
- Creates citation entries using citation templates.
- Rebuilds notes section in same sequence as text references.
- Some multiple references are converted to "ref_label" and "note_label" multiple links.
- Detects some duplicate citations, labels them with "see above".
- Keeps existing notes, does not yet examine content of notes other than leading "*" or "#" list indicator.
Default behavior includes displaying changes and asking for confirmation to perform the intended changes.
If no title information is found or there are errors in accessing the URL, the title will contain the URL.
Command line options (in addition to the general options for all bots):
To process a single page page, one can use:
python standardize_notes.py -page:Somepage
Last edited on 27 August 2021, at 23:38
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.