Submission Guidelines for Book Proposals
NYU Press welcomes the submission of book proposals for the fields in which we publish. Please include in your book proposal:
- an abstract or a description of your manuscript (1–2 pages)
- a description of the intended reader/audience for this book, including primary academic fields likely to be interested and courses for which the book could have potential adoption
- a list of three or four competing books, and how your book will distinguish itself from the competition
- annotated table of contents, including brief chapter summaries
- estimated length of the manuscript in words, including notes and bibliography
- number and type (color, b/w, maps, tables, etc.) of illustrations, if any
- estimated date by which the manuscript will be complete
- if the book is edited, contributor biographies
Additionally, please include one or two sample chapters (preferably the introductory chapter), your current C.V. or resume, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. Please address your submission to only one editor.
You can email your proposal materials to the appropriate editor (by finding their emails below). Note at this time we are not taking physical submissions via post.
The following documents contain current guidelines for our contracted authors on preparing a manuscript and any accompanying artwork for submission.
Learn more at Ask UP
From books and journals to digital publishing, the Ask UP site, created by the Association of University Presses, is a resource for finding out more about the full range and value of research generated by university press publishing. Explore frequently asked questions answered by scholarly publishing professionals here.
Meet Our Editors
ABOUT THE PRESS
RIGHTS & PERMISSIONS
© 2021 NYU Press. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Supadu
Sign up for our eNewsletters and receive 30% off your first purchase at NYUPress.org. You can select specific subjects that match your interests!
Click here to sign up now!