On this page:
One.IU was created to bring a modern app store experience to finding what you need at IU. With One.IU, you search for what you want to do, and click to launch it.
Find tasks in One.IU
Access One.IU through your browser, or download the IU Mobile app through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. (For Internet Explorer, use the latest version with Compatibility Mode turned off.)
UITS strongly recommends that you use a supported browser
, and not Internet Explorer (IE). Microsoft 365 apps and services no longer support Internet Explorer.
One.IU supports access from smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops. The interface is designed to be consistent and familiar, and provides simple but powerful search capabilities that help you quickly find and access the IU services you need to accomplish important tasks, such as finding classes, checking grades, and paying bills.
Search results are displayed as badges, similar to the icons you see in a typical mobile app store. Each badge (or "task") represents an IU service, and is identified by name and category.
You also can search within specific categories of tasks (for example, Academics, Finance, or Transportation), or search based on your role at IU (for example, Student, Faculty, or Staff) or campus affiliation.
One.IU uses search analytics to provide suggested results based on previous visits and the tasks performed by similar users. When you log in, you can comment on and rate tasks, select favorites for easy access, and set preferences (for example, default campus).
Additionally, tasks are optimized for indexing by search engines such as Google, so you can find the One.IU tasks you need from outside the One.IU interface.
To launch a task, click its badge; or (next to the badge), click Details, and then, on the page that opens, click Start.
Tasks in One.IU are visible to everyone. You'll need to log in only when you launch tasks that are based on restricted IU services, such as creating computing accounts or accessing grades.
More about One.IU tasks
One.IU contains hundreds of tasks, and the number of tasks will continue to grow through regular releases.
- Tasks and search: Tasks are displayed based on values associated with their titles, tags, descriptions, and metadata. The more frequently a task is used in connection with a certain search value, the more that value will increase.
- Grouping tasks: Publishers can group tasks by category, tag, role, and campus.
- Most popular tasks: Task popularity rises based on the number of clicks. Publishers can market tasks on other media to increase clicks and popularity.
- Featured tasks: To have your task featured on the top page's carousel, submit a request to the One.IU team.
- Ratings: When publishers submit task updates, they have the option to change version numbers, which resets the ratings back to 0. This may be particularly helpful for updates that include improved functionality. Users will be able to check old versions to see past reviews.
- Feedback: Each task's Details area contains a Write a review link that allows users to provide feedback.
Note about logging into One.IU:
It's not possible to log into One.IU with a group account.
If you cannot find a task you think should be in One.IU, or if you have comments about an existing One.IU task, email the One.IU team
. Staff will follow up appropriately.
Publish tasks in One.IU
This is document
bdqb in the Knowledge Base.Last modified on
Support & More
General support or comments:
Research technology support: