The Electronic Products, Wiley Online Library and the Intellectual Property Rights contained therein are protected by law. As a User, you have certain rights specified below; all other rights are reserved.
- Authorized Users – As defined in your applicable license.
- Electronic Products - All products, services and content available in Wiley Online Library.
- Intellectual Property Rights – These rights include, without limitation, patents, trademarks, trade names, design rights, copyright (including rights in computer software), database rights, rights in know-how and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, which may subsist anywhere in the world.
- Licensed Electronic Products – The Electronic Products which the Customer has licensed.
- Users – Users of Wiley Online Library regardless of whether they are Authorized Users or Customer.
- Wiley Online Library - The online service (or any successor thereto) available from Wiley or its affiliates including all products, services and features offered via the service. Certain products and services may be delivered from other platforms. The terms and conditions hereof are equally applicable to those products and services.
Rules of Use
A. To make Wiley Online Library and the Electronic Products useful, the following rules apply:
- Users may browse all Tables of Content for all Electronic Products on Wiley Online Library, regardless of what Licensed Electronic Products the Customer subscribes to, and search the entire database of Tables of Content and abstracts. For most publications, Users may browse the abstracts as well.
- Customers and their Authorized Users will have access to the full text of the Licensed Electronic Products covered by the applicable License. Customers and their Authorized Users may download, search, retrieve, display and view, copy and save to a secure network or other electronic storage media and store or print out single copies of individual articles or items for their own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. Customers and Authorized Users may also transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale, systematic distribution, e.g. posting on a listserv, network (including scientific social networks) or automated delivery, or for any other use (including distribution through social networking websites and scholarly collaboration networks, except for those that have agreed to Wiley’s Article Sharing Policy found here: https://authorservices.wiley.com/author-resources/Journal-Authors/Promotion/article-sharing-policy.html and solely in accordance therewith). In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate credit, figures, tables and brief excerpts from individual articles in the Licensed Electronic Product(s) in their own scientific, scholarly and educational works. Please note that these rights do not extend to the use of material, images or figures that are separately listed as the copyright of a third party.
- All Users have the option to create a My Profile Page which will allow them to create links to Electronic Product(s), articles of interest and search criteria which may be reused by them and manage their custom e-mail alerting services. In order to do so, Users must register. During the registration process, Users will select and register a user name and password which they must keep confidential and not disclose to or share with anyone else.
B. Except as provided above or with respect to material published on an open access basis, Users may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce, sell or resell material from Electronic Product(s); store such material in any form or medium in a retrieval system; download and/or store an entire issue of an Electronic Product or its equivalent; or transmit such material, directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution, whether or not for commercial or non-profit use or for a fee or free of charge.
C. Users agree not to remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer as they appear on Wiley Online Library. Users may not integrate material from the Electronic Product(s) with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium or override any security feature or exclusionary protocol. However, brief quotations for purposes of comment, criticism or similar scholarly purposes are not prohibited herein.
D. Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other User's access to or use of Wiley Online Library and the Electronic Product(s).
F. Users shall not have the right to incorporate any material from the Electronic Products into any institutional or other repository under any circumstances without Wiley’s prior written approval (including social networking websites and scholarly collaboration networks, except for those that have agreed to Wiley’s Article Sharing Policy found here: https://authorservices.wiley.com/author-resources/Journal-Authors/Promotion/article-sharing-policy.html
and in accordance therewith).
Wiley is not responsible for any charges associated with accessing Wiley Online Library and the Electronic Products, including, but not limited to, any computer equipment, telephone or internet connections and access software.
Upon payment of an invoice, the products in the invoice are covered by the Customer’s License on the terms and conditions therein.
Wiley may modify any of these terms and conditions at any time by providing notice on Wiley Online Library. A User’s continued use of Wiley Online Library shall be conclusively deemed acceptance of such modification.
Wiley Online Library may provide links to third-party websites. Where such links exist, Wiley disclaims all responsibility and liability for the content of such third-party websites. Users assume the sole responsibility for the accessing of third-party websites and the use of any content appearing on such websites.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY AND THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; THE USE OF THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS, WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY AND ALL MATERIALS IS AT THE USER'S OWN RISK; ACCESS TO WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY AND THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND MAY NOT BE ERROR FREE; AND NEITHER WILEY NOR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USER'S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY, THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN.
About Wiley Online Library
Help & Support
Connect with Wiley