Clear sailing ahead.
Clear sailing ahead.
Clear sailing ahead.
Nov 10 2014, 10:31 AM (363 w, 19 h)
I may be slow to answer.
Sorry for the late reply. Mi client is gmail web interface and his was
Yahoo. The mail with the weird encoding was however received from
lists.wikimedia.org on my gmail account, upon unsubscribing him. Thanks.--
The change is being reverted due to performance issues.
Done. Please note that it won't take effect immediatelly as the parser cache needs to expire in order for the new dynamic maps to appear. Please let the wiki do so automatically. Best regards.
Done. Please let me know if it is working as intended. Regards.
I think the above patch will make eswiki behave like Commons with regards to Maps. I'm tagging Maps
here so they can review both Task and Patch. Thanks in advance.
. The whole subscriber/account name is a random
sequence of letters and symbols, not only the "redacted" part. I've
forwarded the email I got to you. I hope that makes things more clear.
Which kind of revisions are in scope? Only revdelled ones? Or also fully deleted?
Noting that the community authorized only
granting local oversighters the ability to view deleted edits/revisions
(which is just deletedtext
) (lit.: ¿Debe permitirse a los supresores ver ediciones marcadas como borradas?
transl.: Shall we let oversighters to see deleted edits?). The other permissions where not voted/mentioned and should not be added, especially after the technical insuficiency of the proposal was raised
and was not acted upon (the previous wording of the vote which proposed bulk adding all required deletion and block-related permissions to make the group self-sufficient was never adopted and its scope narrowed just to "see deleted edits"). Thanks.
I made a patch to rename the namespace and keep the old name as well to avoid broken pages/links, but I'm not sure that'd work.
Before the error I get the following warning:
Error with Permissions-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'interest-cohort'.
T16235:1 GET https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T16235 500
Does it mean that the IP can start contributing using their SUL account, because the script appears to be simply "renaming" the edits and not doing anything to the account per se?
I've also included the associated Book talk namespace in the above patch.
Given how scarcely the permission is used, and that there has been abuse from autoconfirmed users as well, I think it'd be best if for now we removed applychangetags and changetags from the user group, and granted them instead to the bot and sysop groups only.
So to recap the problem is that you set to hold all WMF emails but overrode it per case using non-members.
Is it possible to keep controlling the bot from freenode and make stewardbots just report events to libera for now? Channel access lists are not very reliable for now IMHO. I'd wait until wikimedia cloaks are available so we can know who's who.
Big +1 to this.
This happened to me some days ago, but in my case the email addresses where identical (that is, I got twice subscribed to listadmins-l with the same address and attemps to fix it via the UI where futile, the same error messages as you got were displayed to me).
Thanks for your comments. Indeed there's no dropdown to select in which language you'd like to see the UI in. In my case, the translations shown to me are sometimes not good or accurate, and in some others they're missing strings. I'd rather see the interface in its source language (English), but there's no way users can chose right now. Thanks for making a comment on the task upstream.
Apr 25 2021, 7:19 AM
, Privacy Engineering
Hello. Could you please consider delaying the activation of this feature if by April 7 the interface is still not translated into a state the extension would actually help newcommers? At this moment shy of half the extension is still untranslated (57% translated
) thus many messages would still be displayed in English in a non-English wiki. Not many of us are active on translatewiki.net either, and we're also on hollydays. Thank you. Regards.
Using this invalid tasks to test something. I'll revert in a second.
Not a software bug. It was a vandalism
originating from Wikidata that has since been reverted.
Just to mention that global rename seems to be usable again since a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if this is related to the task @Daimona
(auto)linked above but this incident looks resolved. @Ladsgroup
, feel free to close if you agree.
Unnasigning from myself as I am no longer active in MediaWiki development.
Closing as resolved as this Task referred to the specific talk page that was fixed.
I did not quickly find documentation for PagePreparation which we could link to.
Self-declining due to inactivity.