Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master II
Job Category: Project Manager
Requisition Number: AGILE001246
Posted: September 10, 2021
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Agile Project Management Office, Office of the CIO
Depending upon experience, scrum masters and project managers in the Agile Project Management Office (APMO) will manage multiple projects and scrum teams utilizing the Agile PMO’s principles and processes. Partner with sponsors, product managers/product owners to manage and prioritize project/team backlogs. Responsible for team velocity, delivering value, and for the team continuous improvement. Responsible for removing roadblocks preventing team progress, and for facilitating all team events including sprint planning, backlog refining, daily standup, sprint review and sprint retro. To some extent depending on the job level (Scrum master I-II-III) each scrum master participates in promoting best practices for agile within the organization. This Job description covers the Level II.
The Level II Agile PM will have two to seven years in project management or scrum prior to starting at this level. Certifications Required: CSM, CSP and CSaS required to start; Agile Coaching within the first year. The Level II Scrum Master will also work towards understanding other methodologies under the Agile umbrella including Kanban, Lean, et al and is ultimately working towards PMI-ACP certification.
The Level II Agile PM manages 2-3 cross functional teams (e.g., the three teams in JSH program) on an ongoing basis, and can remove roadblocks at the manager level. Level II can manage medium agile projects with no supervision and larger agile projects with mentoring. The more experienced Level 2 will start mentoring others in the organization on agile practices and will advance to becoming a member of the organization’s Agile Practice Team and may be called upon to facilitate Design Sprints.
In addition the Level II is able to manage large projects for any department (including complex technology projects), is actively mentoring others, is actively working toward the PMI-ACP certification (e.g., has amassed the required hours of experience and/or professional development units).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fills the role of Scrum Master for cross-functional team(s) (CFTs). The role includes:
- Schedule and facilitate all Scrum events for the CFT (Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Backlog Refining, Sprint Reviews, and release planning).
- Coach Team and Product Owner in order to enhance performance.
- Works with team to deliver value including:
- Protect Team from external requests and disruptions.
- Ensure impediments are removed (and elevated to managers).
- Ensure participation and understanding of all Scrum events
- Ensure the team is delivering the committed value each sprint
- Works closely with Product Owner to:
- Find techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Clearly communicate vision, goals, and Product Backlog to the Team.
- Teach the Team to create clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Understand long-term product planning in a Scrum environment.
- Understand and implement the Scrum and Agile values.
- Measure the team’s velocity.
- Should become versed in the nuances of the products, business, and team member contributions (e.g., know the product vision, understand the tech strategy, understand the process within internal services departments).
- Tracks and communicates team velocity and throughput to provide transparency across company.
- Lead the team to consistent capacity and performance metrics. Analyze and present data in a fashion that helps all stakeholders achieve delivery and business goals.
- Helps team develop and track Key Performance Indicators and use them to achieve committed goals.
- Identifies and removes impediments, sharpen team focus, and operationalize continuous improvement with the team.
- Actively partners with the Product Owner and Technical Lead to maintain an effective work backlog for the team
- Builds a collaborative, trusting and safe environment where open communication helps to bring issues to the surface for faster resolution where missteps are seen as learning opportunities.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: Manager, Project Management Office (PMO)
This position has regular contact with senior management, department line managers, business analysts, external vendors, and a range of “IT” roles (database administrators, system and network administrators, service desk, architects, developers, quality assurance, etc.).
A Bachelor’s degree is required. CSM, CSP and CSaS certifications, and/or, progress towards a PMI-ACP certification, and 2-7 years of work experience in scrum or project management, is required for level 2.
The incumbent should have outstanding communication, facilitation, planning and general management skills. The incumbent must have the ability to provide technical coordination of development and/or implementation of projects in area of expertise. This individual should have knowledge of planning, budgeting, cost estimating, contracting, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
Office productivity software such as Google docs, spreadsheets, and presentations; Familiarity and experience with agile tools such as Trello, Smartsheet, etc; meeting software such as GoToMeeting or Zoom; general understanding of the main information systems and applications used by the Church (Salesforce, Intacct, UltiPro, and so forth), as well as the product lines of CSPS and the Manual directed activities of the Church.
This position regularly works in an office environment.
Christian Science Information
Mother Church membership is preferred.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG