Legal Office Support II
Job Category: Admin Support
Requisition Number: LEGAL01228
Posted: May 19, 2021
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Office of the General Counsel
You will provide both general administrative support for OGC attorneys as well as support in specific practice areas (e.g., copyright permissions, immigration, compliance and risk management, etc.). Mother Church membership required and Primary class instruction required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and performs tasks related to copyright permissions, primarily representing The Mary Baker Eddy Collection. Includes acquiring basic understanding of applicable areas of law, such as copyright and contracts:
Manages incoming copyright permission requests and handles requests related to Library collections, or other CSBD-related copyrights and CSPS content as assigned. Tasks include
- Receiving and tracking incoming emails and calls.
- Researching copyrights.
- Meeting with related departments.
- Participating in policy drafting and discussions with IP staff.
- Corresponding with requesters by phone and email.
- Drafting permission letters and spreadsheets.
- Archiving requests in M-files and/or Salesforce.
- May assist with administrative tasks, as assigned, in the following areas:
(a) Performs routine and complex administrative duties to provide support to OGC attorneys, which may include:
- Providing phone, email, calendar support, and general assistance to the General Counsel.
- Drafting letters and memoranda.
- Researching, writing, editing, proofreading documents for grammar, spelling, etc.
- Managing and maintaining electronic and paper files.
- Overseeing independent administrative projects, as appropriate.
- Creating, preparing, and maintaining reports, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Researching questions or issues of interest, and providing reports, to OGC attorneys.
- Preparing and reviewing draft legal documents, collecting documents, information, etc. from outside sources including foreign trademark agents, government agencies, outside counsel, third-party copyright owners, and other business entities.
(b) Handles core administrative functions for the office and assists with routine filing needs and special filing projects. Tasks may include:
- Sorting and delivering mail.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Entering data into a content management system (e.g., M-files, Salesforce).
- Organizing and filing legal documents and correspondence.
- Lifting boxes up to 40 pounds.
(c) Immigration: Provides assistance in maintaining up-to-date immigration files, especially “public access files” that are subject to government audit and review. Assists OGC Immigration Attorney in her or his core immigration management tasks, such as.
- Collecting documentation related to immigration petitions and related filings.
- Answering immigration correspondence.
- Corresponding with immigration applicants and their departments about immigration status and related filings.
(d) Compliance: Assists the Audit Compliance and Risk Manager in core areas, such as:
- Tracking Certificates of Insurance in Salesforce database.
- Updating employee records in Send Word Now (employee alert system), sending alerts/notices, and tracking updates.
- Attending quarterly meetings with the Real Estate group to ensure accurate listing of properties insured
- Assisting and taking notes at business continuity table-top exercises.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
This position reports to the General Counsel. It has regular contact with and serves the General Counsel, Intellectual Property Attorneys, Immigration Attorney, Compliance Audit and Risk Manager, and other staff throughout the department, as well as other departments to which OGC provides services.
Supervisor: General Counsel
This position has regular contacts with employees, managers, vendors, outside attorneys, and the Field.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or comparable experience including at least two years of legal assistant or paralegal experience.
Knowledge of legal terminology, research methods and familiarity with legal document preparation is essential and may be acquired through training. An ability to maintain confidentiality is also required.
Excellent writing and research skills, organizational, interpersonal and secretarial skills. Familiarity with legal terminology and processes helpful. Qualities/Traits: Flexible, professional, organized, attentive to detail, high sense of confidentiality, ability to handle multiple priorities, and an ability to anticipate needs.
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Google applications, familiarity with databases, etc. Excellent Internet research skills. Ability to learn new programs quickly.
This position regularly works in an office environment.
Engagement with Christian Science
Mother Church membership required and Primary class instruction required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG