TMC RR Windows, Display and Merchandising Coordinator (less than 20 hours/week)
Job Category: Reading Room
Requisition Number: TMCRR001285
Posted: January 14, 2022
Closed: February 28, 2022
Showing 1 location
MA - Mass Ave Reading Rm
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: The Mother Church Reading Room
Your primary primary responsibility is for the visual presentation of the products available for sale in The Mother Church Reading Rooms. These visual presentations and displays in the Reading Rooms bring the healing ideas of the writings of Mary Baker Eddy and the publications of the Christian Science Publishing Society to the local community, which promotes their sale and broadens the healing ministry of the Reading Room. You will stay abreast of events, issues, and needs in the local community and beyond. You will also work as a team member with Associate Librarians in maintaining an environment for spiritual healing and discovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Merchandise design and supervision (85%)
- Designs and installs the displays in the windows and inside The Mother Church Reading Rooms with thought given to its use in the Field Reading Rooms.
- Responsible for planning, purchase, and acquisition of all the necessary supplies for creating displays within budget.
- Ordering all printing and posters needed, mounting the posters, and installation of all signage for the window and display tables.
- Can work with other departments to develop useful window and marketing materials for use in The Mother Church Reading Room and Reading Rooms in the Field.
- Keeps abreast of the news and latest periodicals from the CS Publishing Society, conceiving window displays that will attract interest and impel customers to come into the Reading Room.
- Attends and works with the editorial/theme team bring these themes to life in the windows and other displays throughout the Reading Room
- Supports and contributes to the healing atmosphere in the Reading Room.
Stays current (15%)
- Learns new technologies
- Attends and participates in Reading Room Staff and Editorial/Theme team meetings.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in spirituality, spiritual healing, the community, and church.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: TMC Reading Room Manager / Librarian
Supervises: None but will oversee others for installation of displays, and training as needed.
This position has regular contact with employees, managers, vendors, professionals, customers, and other TMC departments. Works with Facilities when needed for lighting and other design needs. Outside printers.
A Bachelor’s degree in Art or Graphic Design helpful. Two or more years of experience in a retail environment is preferred. Experience in the Field (branch Church work, field work, and other) is preferred.
This position requires demonstrated skills in window/display design and the ability to drive projects and work well on a team. Familiarity with Reading Room products is necessary. Strong window and display design, sales, and communication skills are required. Knowledge in InDesign is helpful. Familiarity with public thought and trends and other faith backgrounds is required.
Graphics programs and design, Google, Google Doc, Microsoft Office, and Basic Internet skills are required. Photography skills desired.
This position regularly works in a Reading Room environment. Needs to be flexible in hours; at times needing to work off hours when the Reading Room is not open when installing new window displays.
Must be able to climb a ladder, cut out designs on heavy artist paper with art cutting tools and lift medium size signage to hang in windows.
Engagement with Christian Science
Familiarity with and a strong interest in continuing to learn about and practice the teachings of the Bible and Mary Baker Eddy’s writings; Mother Church membership required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG