Promotion and Events Specialist
Job Category: Promotions
Requisition Number: PROMO001283
Posted: December 20, 2021
Closed: March 28, 2022
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Promotion & Design Services Group
You will be a member of the Promotion & Design Services Group [P&DSG]. The P&DSG is a service-based organization that shapes and guides, from a metaphysical foundation, the promotion and extension of products, services and events that constitute the “healing and saving” resources of The Mother Church. The Group shapes, supports, and shepherds promotional activities, ensuring an inspired and healing voice and message for each product and need, as well as appropriate quality and consistency across the organization.
A portion of you time will be spent as a member of a Cross Functional Team [CFT] utilizing Scrum. As a CFT team member, you will support the Product Owner and leadership who prioritize the product, events, and promotions work for their specific products. You will be responsible for generating essential and actionable onsite and offsite promotions for the CFT that enhance and improve the customer experience. You will communicate recommendations and results to both team members, the Product Owner and leadership in an actionable way.
A majority of your time is spent as a Subject Matter Expert [SME] in promotions and events. While not a CFT member in other areas, you will support the remaining Church’s Product Owners and Client Department Managers who prioritize the product, editorial, and promotions work for their specific area of activity. You will help vet, implement, troubleshoot, manage, and oversee the promotional campaigns of The First Church of Christ, Scientist on an ad hoc basis in collaboration with the Promotion & Events Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement promotional campaigns for clients across the organization that extend client strategy. Campaigns include but are not limited to special series, publications, periodicals, print promotions, and peer-to-peer promotions including special events.
- Includes audience segmentation and customization, as well as active awareness of cross-promotion opportunities
- Use of social media platforms to promote and extend product promotions
Promotional Copywriting (40%)
- Write advertising, point of sale, and promotional copy for clients throughout the Church for the Web, digital media, social media,and print
- Captions for social media--Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, LinkedIn
- Collaborates with Promotions team to modify copy as needed
Event Planning (20%)
- Create and execute in-person and online special events to promote products and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Promotions team as needed
- Includes audience segmentation, invitations, working with on-site and off-site A/V, meeting staff, etc. all with an eye toward positive customer experience and outcomes.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: Promotion & Events Manager
P&DSG Manager, P&DSG management team, P&DSG staff, Managers and staff of client departments in The First Church of Christ, Scientist, The Christian Science Publishing Society, and The Mary Baker Eddy Library.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher, 5+ years of experience
Familiarity with Scrum and agile practice desired. Advertising agency experience preferred.
Client & Team Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Client and team interfacing ability with confidence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with clients, team, and manager.
- Strong project management skills and organizational skills. Strong creative problem solving and innovative skills.
- Ability to use strong analytical and management skills to solve complex issues and support team success and continuous improvement.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work under pressure while going above-and-beyond the minimum when the opportunity presents itself.
This position requires strong computer skills, a working knowledge and proficiency with Google Suite, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat). A working knowledge of Dropbox, Slack, and Trello are preferred.
This position regularly works in an office environment.
Christian Science Information
Mother Church membership required. Primary Class instruction preferred.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG