Manager, Christian Science Nursing Activities
Job Category: Coordinating Manager
Requisition Number: MANAG001247
Posted: September 15, 2021
Closed: December 2, 2021
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Christian Science Nursing Activities
You will have a leadership responsibility in communicating and actualizing the Christian Science Board of Directors vision for the role of The Mother Church in guiding, strengthening, and protecting the practice of Christian Science nursing throughout the world. You have a significant responsibility in staying in tune with issues and needs of Christian Scientists for nursing care, and providing support and guidance globally to those delivering Christian Science nursing services.You will serve as a liaison with the Christian Science Nursing Collaborative.
You will serve as primary contact for information and projects related to Christian Science Nursing Activities [CSNA] worldwide, and, in addition, you will manage, oversee, and process Christian Science nurse applications for Journal advertising
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and nurtures Christian Science nursing worldwide, and serves as The Mother Church’s primary contact, internally and externally, on initiatives, meetings and discussions specifically related to Christian Science nursing worldwide. (70%)
- Keeps the Christian Science Board of Directors apprised of important trends, progress, and needs regarding Christian Science nursing around the world. Prepares reports and other written material and carries out speaking engagements at the Board’s request.
- Maintains relationships with organizations and groups connected to the Christian Science nurse (Christian Science nursing facilities, visiting Christian Science nursing services, Christian Science nursing organizations, e.g. AOCSN, The Commission for Accreditation of Christian Science Nursing Organizations/Facilities, Inc., Christian Science Provider Network, etc.)
- Maintains on-going dialog with individuals and facilities providing Christian Science nurses training to encourage and nurture working together more effectively to meet current training needs in strengthening the uniqueness of Christian Science nursing.
- Serves as spokesperson for The Mother Church about Christian Science Nursing, in-house and worldwide, e.g. consultant on legislative and legal efforts, etc.
- Provides information, guidance and support to other departments at The Mother Church regarding Christian Science nursing, e.g. JSH Editorial, HR and benefits.
- Provides practical, professional guidance, encouragement, inspiration, and support to individual Christian Science nurses faced with challenges in their Christian Science nursing practice
- Stays sufficiently updated on issues related to the status of health insurance for Christian Scientists and how it affects Christian Science practitioners and nurses, and Christian Science nursing facilities to be able to help educate and respond to questions, communicating proactively and in concert with the Committee on Publication.
- Serves on the Coordinating Committee of the Christian Science Nursing Collaborative. Serves on, or monitors and supports the work of other Collaborative Working Groups as appropriate. Serves on the AOCSN Education Committee.
- Encourages within our Church communities the cultivation of a culture of healing that includes a more spontaneous and generous expression of the nursing qualities.
- Conducts special projects explaining and/or clarifying the role of the Christian Science nurse to members and the public at large (christianscience.com, jsh-online, religious periodicals, general publications etc.)
- Responds to questions and requests for information (phone, letter, and email) from the public, members, potential and current Christian Science nurses.
- Manages, oversees, and processes Christian Science nurse applications for Journal advertising. (30%)
- Participates with the Manager of the Christian Science Publishing Society in articulating a vision and short-medium-long range goals for the Journal Directory.
- Reviews and researches applications. Conducts interviews with applicant references and applicants. Develops recommendation and submits to the Board of Trustees.
- Communicates with sensitivity and reassurance to applicants with inadequate/deferred/denied applications.
- Investigates and consults with direct CSBD contact on handling concerns and complaints regarding Journal-listed Christian Science nurses. Communicates with Christian Science nurses about problems and possible need to remove cards.
- Participates in meetings requiring Christian Science nursing input.
- Participates in developing, updating improvements, rules, guidelines, and procedures as needed.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: The Christian Science Board of Directors through Board contact.
Supervises: Administrative Assistant
This position has regular contact with the Board of Trustees, Committee on Publication Office, including the Federal Office and the District Manager for Great Britain and Ireland, Office of General Counsel, Office of Language Services, TMC Youth, JSH Editors, HR, Journal Directory, Church Activities, managers, coordinating managers, Church members, teachers, practitioners, and all Christian Science nurses and Christian Science nursing facilities.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required. Broad, solid, extensive experience in the public practice of Christian Science nursing is required. Experience as a Christian Science nurse educator and/or leadership position within a Christian Science nursing organization is highly desirable. Experience in office administration is required.
Excellent oral, written, and telephone communications skills are required, as well as an ability to work in a highly confidential and sensitive environment. The ability to interpret and apply the card listing policies of the Publishing Society is required. Familiarity with one or more cultures outside the USA is preferred in order to have a developed global perspective of international understanding. An ability to speak a second language (other than English) is preferred, but not required.
Comfort with business office computer operations required.
This position regularly works in an office environment and is based in Boston. Some travel, domestic and international, is required.
Engagement with Christian Science
The incumbent must be a Christian Science nurse currently advertising in The Christian Science Journal or a Journal-listed Christian Science practitioner with recent and extensive experience as a Journal-listed Christian Science nurse, including the requirement of Mother Church membership and Primary class instruction.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG