Job Category: Executive Asst
Requisition Number: EXECU001252
Posted: September 24, 2021
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Treasurer’s Office
You will provide executive administrative support to the Treasurer of The Mother Church, operational support to the Treasurer’s Office, and the Fulfillment & Customer Support Director, occasional support to the Manager of Property, Facilities Management and Security and the Capital Projects Project Manager, and contributes to strategy and planning as a member of the Treasurer’s Office management team. You will have exposure to sensitive and high priority matters of the Church. You need to have a high level of professionalism, administrative skill, initiative, flexibility, and confidentiality. You must have a solid grasp of the Mission of the Church and must be actively engaged in furthering it, and be able to prayerfully support the activities of the Treasurer’s Office. Mother Church membership and Primary class instruction are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Support to Treasurer
Calendar Management, including booking and tracking meetings; providing related materials and arranging logistics; troubleshooting schedule conflicts sometimes under time sensitive conditions; partnering with other Executive Assistants, the Manager of the Board Office, and others to coordinate meetings with Directors, Trustees, Finance Committee, coordinating managers, auditors, donors, vendors, and others.
Handles inquiries over phone, email, and in person in a timely manner, engaging staff in the appropriate department. Ensures timely resolution of all inquiries.
Reviews bills, letters, Board Action Memos, and other items prior to Treasurer’s review in order to support streamlined authorization processes, including:
- Proofreading and formatting documents according to guidelines,
- Working with originators of requests to include supporting documentation and increasing clarity and transparency of requests,
- Arranging meetings if further discussions are required.
Coordinates and plans travel details for the Treasurer.
Performs tasks and coordinates activities related to special projects.
Plans and coordinates office meetings and events, partnering with the management team.
Reviews incoming correspondence, drafts letters, maintains correspondence file.
Maintains Treasurer’s files according to Records Retention File plan.
Keeps staff lists and emergency contact information up to date.
Executive Support to Finance and Accounting Director, Asset Management & Financial Support Director, and FP&A Manager
Coordinates group meetings and related support, including supporting meeting logistics (hotels, catering, meeting space and materials) for quarterly Investment Committee meetings; supports authorizations for financial system access; provides reference and guidance on policies and procedures; performs miscellaneous tasks and responsibilities as needed. Reviews Tallie expense reports before submitting to the Treasurer for final review. May review proposals, financial reports, correspondence, letters to the field, and offer edits.
Operational support to the Treasurer’s Office
Coordinates HR activity for Treasurer’s Office, assisting with hiring, onboarding, exiting, and transferring staff; supports adherence to appropriate guidelines; coordinates and assists with special projects. Assists with the Annual Review process, partnering with HR and the management team.
May cover other departmental operational tasks during vacations or vacancies.
Troubleshoots and responds to issues, maintaining processes and procedures, and partnering with service departments regarding:
- Technology - coordinating authorized changes to permissions and access, hardware and software requests; troubleshooting issues; ensuring smooth operation of shared equipment, training staff on phones, multi-function devices, electronic faxing, etc.,
- Facilities - coordinating resolution of needs and issues with HVAC, furniture, plumbing, lighting, nameplates, etc., for the Treasurer’s Office and shared areas of the Publishing House second floor
- Security - coordinating building and department access, and safety and emergency preparedness,
- Parking - authorizing and obtaining parking payment tickets for business associates from vendor managing onsite garage
- Supplies - purchasing items to maintain inventory and fill requests
- Records Management - supports compliance with Records Retention File plans and Vital Records collection
- Mailing Services - mailing and shipping support as needed in the office
- Business Continuity and Compliance - partners with Risk Manager to keep department plans current.
Other duties as assigned
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervision: Reports to Treasurer
This position has regular contact with the Treasurer, senior management, executive support staff, colleagues across organization, various committees, auditors, vendors, Church members, and the public.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years professional work experience.
Has excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills, critical thinking and ability to work with staff, senior management, and teams across the organization with ease. Possesses the ability to observe, analyze, and use proactive reasoning to anticipate needs and discern matters of priority as well as identify issues and follow through to resolution. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality and metaphysical support. Executive administrative support skills are required.
The incumbent must possess a working knowledge and facility with current office software for calendars, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and technology in general as well as demonstrate a technical problem-solving thought process.
This position works regularly in an office environment.
Engagement with Christian Science
Mother Church membership and Primary class instruction are required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG