Customer Service Representative—Gift Operations
Job Category: Customer Service
Requisition Number: CUSTO001282
Posted: December 16, 2021
Closed: January 18, 2022
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Customer Care Center
You will provide service on behalf of The Mother Church (TMC) and the Christian Science Publishing Society (CSPS). You will receive inquiries via phone, email and mail; analyze questions and issues; research answers; and provide solutions and information to customers. You will be a primary contact for Gift Operations and provide assistance in that area to the Philanthropy Department, other representatives, CCC leadership, clients and other departments. You will work independently and cooperatively to ensure all interactions are handled in a timely, accurate, and loving manner and provide back-up to CCC Supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides first-class customer service on all customer interactions. (40%)
- Processes and responds to emails and calls in an efficient manner, improving daily volume and quality with training and experience;
- Sends out most email responses without review;
- Calls customers as needed to convey information and assist with basic troubleshooting and site navigation;
- Provides support for calls from Reading Rooms, customers and members requiring help with ordering and other business needs;
- Uses exceptional communication skills by mirroring and listening, having a solution-oriented approach, and by under-promising and over-delivering;
- Handles technical questions related to cookies, login issues, issues on mobile devices, eReaders, video webcasts, podcasts, etc. Comfortable handling questions for both Mac and PC computers.
- Reads and understands subscription and product accounts and conveys the necessary information to customers, handling transactions as required;
- Obtains and uses thorough product and organizational knowledge about TMC & CSPS – including ready access to information about Church, Library and CSPS events and resources – and integrates this information into communications that inform and up-sell to customers;
- Masters and leverages knowledge of 3-5 complex fulfillment systems to best serve customers;
- Familiarizes self with all of the self-service and account management portals available to subscribers;
- Transacts all orders accurately and efficiently;
- Is aware of and responsive to customer service levels for calls and emails, including contact volume, queues, and wait times, exhibiting a sense of urgency about helping the customer.
- Provides Gift Operations Support (50%)
- Primary contact for donor emails and phone calls regarding contributions. Responds to donors by phone or email in a timely manner or routes communication to the appropriate Philanthropy team member for handling.
- Processes credit card gifts and researches contributions on vendor payment system; maintains records of vendor payment system transactions.
- Records gift details and relevant communications in donor management system.
- Identifies situations needing further review, conducts relevant research, and prepares recommendation to Philanthropy team on resolution.
- Maintains documentation of donor-related correspondence, including updating donor database and downloading correspondence from gift processing vendor.
- Processes CDS exception queue (gifts received by CDS, but not processed due to needing additional information from TMC).
- Drafts and sends template-based communications to donors.
- Contributes to team oriented work as part of the CCC Team. (5%)
- Is subject matter expert in at least one area related to TMC and CSPS and provides assistance in that area to other representatives, CCC leadership, clients and other departments;
- Takes proactive action in a quick-paced, fluid work environment;
- Proactively works to improve processes;
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to change, and eagerness to learn new things and contribute toward progressive change;
- Provides back-up to CCC Supervisors as needed.
- Acquires needed information and communicates customer needs to interested parties. (5%)
- Uses tools available to stay up-to-date on information, policies, and offers by attending and participating in update training meetings, visiting TMC/CSPS Websites regularly for latest information, and keeping resource materials organized and easily accessible;
- Provides regular customer feedback to CCC leadership;
- Completes other projects as needed in support of TMC and CSPS.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: CCC Supervisor; the Development Associate of the Philanthropy team will provide training, direction, and oversight on Gift Operations matters.
This position has regular contact with customers, clients, employees, managers, vendors, and other professionals.
A college degree and three years of work experience are required, including one year in the CCC or equivalent. Experience with writing and customer communications is important, as well as proficiency in the use of modern computer technology.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, along with an excellent knowledge of customer service principles and applications. Ability to take proactive action in a quick-paced, fluid work environment. Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to change, and eagerness to learn new things and contribute toward progressive change. Basic familiarity with the offerings of The Mother Church and the Christian Science Publishing Society is required.
Strong technical abilities using and managing multiple web browsers, programs, and systems concurrently on a Windows-based computer is required. The incumbent will need to learn and become proficient with multiple systems, including: Salesforce, Enterprise, CDS Fulfillment systems, Big Commerce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Amazon Cognito, and eZPublish. Willingness to learn new systems and adapt to new technologies is required. Proficiency with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and various file types such as PDFs, images, and audio files is required. Familiarity with basic navigation and settings on mobile devices including phones and tablets is required.
Preference for onsite work in Boston, but may possibly work remotely with periodic visits to the Boston office as needed. Please note: This position cannot be performed remotely from Colorado [at this time] due to local job posting requirements.
Engagement with Christian Science
Mother Church membership is preferred.
Powered by UKG