Job Category: TMC Church Services
Requisition Number: CHURC001270
Posted: November 10, 2021
Closed: January 14, 2022
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Office of the Clerk
On an ongoing basis, you will support the use of the church building and Sunday School for church services, public events, employee meetings, guided tours and daily operations. For approximately 18 months, you will be an integral member of a multi-department project. This will require metaphysical maturity and the ability to adapt to changing conditions in order to support an extensive, time-sensitive project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides Church Services support. (75%)
- Coordinates support for Readers, Organist, and Soloists for rehearsal schedules, audio technicians, proofreaders, transportation, subscriptions, sheet music purchases, hotel arrangements, and other needs.
- Coordinates support for substitute Platform members, including rehearsal schedules, audio technicians, proofreaders, transportation, books, hotel arrangements, key and badge access to TMC, and other needs.
- Serves on committees in support of ongoing church initiatives for the Clerk’s Office. Supports Sunday School Superintendent and staff with facilities, furnishings, audio, periodicals, flyers, and scheduling issues.
- Supports the Head Usher Team with music sheets, hymnals, song sheets, Quarterlies, periodicals, flyers, and brochures.
- Assists with lighting, heating, cooling, and other facilities needs. Support ushers with meeting scheduling, IT and telephone needs.
- Supports church members and other members of the public by anticipating and solving facility related issues for the church services.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises the backup Church Administration Team.
- Prepares weekly check requests for contract musicians and substitute readers.
- Prepares Tallie expense reimbursements for contract musicians and substitute readers.
- Collects data related to church attendance, both in person and online.
- Coordinates secure collection of donated money from Church services to the security team for transfer to the Treasurer’s Office.
- Sensitive and responsive to the unique needs of the Readers and musicians.
Meeting Support and Other Responsibilities. (25%)
- Coordinates arrangements for furnishings, audio, janitorial services, signage, parking, access and security for departmental meetings, employee meetings, local member meetings, Annual Meeting, rehearsals, and other conferences in the church and Sunday School.
- Obtains needed hymn and solo music copyright permissions with the help of OGC.
- Reports music performed in internet church service broadcasts with proper copyright reporting agencies.
- Updates Wednesday and Sunday church service web pages with current music performed and other information.
- Conducts weekly walkthroughs of the public facing elements of the Church Edifices and reports concerns to FacHelp or to outside contractors (piano or organ care).
- Document monthly expenditures and prepare monthly Tallie reports for Church Admin Credit Card.
- Anticipates and follows up on maintenance, security, access, safety, and housekeeping needs in the church and Sunday School.
- Responds to public groups and church departments requesting meeting space reservations in the church or Sunday School.
- Coordinates piano and organ tuning schedules with outside contractors in conjunction with FacHelp and TMC Organist.
- In cooperation with the Local Activities Manager, prepare and submit monthly check requests for various local member activities (childcare, ushers, local lecture activity, etc.)
- Supports TMC chimer staff by processing stipends, and following-up with chime maintenance issues.
- Manages use of TMC from a facilities perspective, including all events, tours, etc. happening in the buildings.
Other projects, as assigned. (30% - 50% for approximately 18 months)
Until current scheduled projects are completed, alongside the Clerk, the Church Administrator will:
- Attend meetings with relevant departments.
- In cooperation with the Clerk and other departments, oversee details of the renovation and work of contractors.
- As needed, coordinate details related to significant construction projects.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervises: On-call Church Service Administration Assistants. May assist in directing the work of employees in other departments whose work takes place in the Church building.
The person in this position regularly interfaces with employees, managers, professionals, contractors, members of the public, TMC Readers, Organists, Soloists, Local Activities Manager, Clerk’s Office personnel, Capital Projects, FAC Help, Cleaning Contractors, the Technology Services Group, Security, the Audio Team, Ushers, Guides, outside contractors, (piano tuners, organ tuners, chauffeur services, etc.), and others
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational or work experience are preferred. Three - five years’ work experience required. Successful experience organizing or coordinating events or meetings is required, and management or supervisory experience is preferred.
The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills. This individual must have outstanding organizational skills and attentiveness to detail, and good to excellent skills in supervision and oral/written communication. They must show a willingness to learn new technologies and applications to enhance the service capabilities of this position as required. A general working knowledge of facilities and practical experience in dealing with maintenance, utility, security and safety needs is helpful.
The incumbent must be familiar with computers, including Trello, Google Docs, Sheets, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc and must be willing to learn new technology as needed.
This position is the only position which has a total overview of all the activities that occur in The Mother Church buildings. Therefore, this position impacts the quality of The Mother Church services and activities, and the impression that visitors have of the Church buildings. This position requires late afternoon, evening, weekend, and holiday work.
The person in this position must be able to do extensive walking, climb steps and ladders, open heavy doors, be comfortable with steep heights, and be able to lift 30 pounds or more.
Engagement with Christian Science
Mother Church membership and Primary Class Instruction are required. Metaphysical poise and confidentiality are a must.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG