Reading Room Ambassador
Job Category: Church Activities
Requisition Number: READI001239
Posted: August 6, 2021
Closed: December 6, 2021
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Church Activities Department
You will be an active member of the Church Activities team, and serve as a globally-connected resource for Reading Room librarians, branch church members, and Reading Room visitors regarding all topics related to Reading Rooms (RR). You get to help connect individuals and churches with resources that support a higher understanding of the purpose of RRs and their vital role in the collective demonstration of an active and healing Church. In addition, you will serve as an advocate within the broad organization of The Mother Church (TMC), including The Christian Science Publishing Society (CSPS) by helping departments gain insight into the needs of Field RRs. You will endeavor to connect all aspects of RR support to branches and to identify opportunities to further strengthen how we support this activity.
You will also be charged with bringing together departments across the organization to think more specifically about how we can inspire and support the Cause of Christian Science, and build awareness among church members about Reading Rooms as channels of distribution to the community for products, web activity, healing ideas, and the efficacy and relevance of Christian Science in today’s world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the success of RRs by helping workers see the opportunities and address impositions
- Pray daily to realize the present opportunity of Reading Rooms globally and to break free of limitations currently opposing effective Reading Room activity. Meet regularly with the Church Activities Dept to maintain a sense of the wholeness of church and all of its activities.
- Work with CSPS departments to see Reading Rooms as important stakeholders in product development and messaging.
- Encouraging and nurturing the innate ability of each church to pray through, and be led to their own unique course of action for successful Reading Room activity
Create and maintain a stronger support system for Reading Room activity
- Conceive of appropriate communications vehicles for reaching out to Reading Room librarians globally with inspiring and supportive ideas and materials. Reviews current communications such as e-Bulletins and monthly newsletters.
- Update and edit CS.com Reading Room resource pages in collaboration with relevant parties.
- Hold daily in-depth conversations with RRs and church members, coordinating with others in the Church Activities department, managers, and relevant parties to ensure that communications are accurate and on-message.
- Serve as team lead for the Reading Room support Cross-Functional Team which is charged with creating and implementing a cohesive strategy for this activity. Identify areas of expertise within the organization that would be beneficial to branch Reading Rooms and partner with them on developing new resources to support this activity.
- Plan and execute monthly or twice a month Reading Room Webinars focused on “inspire and empower” librarians, sharing inspiration and tools on how to best work in the RR, serving the community and bringing healing to it. These Webinars are conceived and implemented with the Reading Room Business Administrator.
Serve as an advocate for Reading Rooms within the organization
- Partner with product managers to provide feedback from RRs and identify possible product ideas to meet Field and RR needs.
- Work with Design Services, OGC, CSPS, TMC RR, and product managers to develop and implement solutions to support RR display needs.
- Identify and lead special projects that bring together TMC/CSPS/OPA resources to practically support Reading Rooms.
- Provide coordination and leadership to TMC depts engaged in communicating with Reading Rooms, to help achieve a practical vision for the opportunity that Reading Rooms have to be a healing agent within their communities.
Develop and facilitate workshops and regular Zoom conference calls and phone calls in as well as RR Webinars
- Develop workshops for branches that will strengthen their Reading Room activity.
- Facilitate workshops for branch churches and societies designed to support their Manual-based activities.
- Plan and facilitate RR webinars.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate regular RR Zoom calls and Skype phone calls to worldwide RR librarians.
- Develop and facilitate workshops with Church Activities co-workers whenever needed or asked.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: Manager, Church Activities
This position has regular contact with Reading Rooms, Branch Churches, church members as well as TMC, CSPS, and OPA depts that produce resources and products for Reading Rooms. It works closely with the Mass Ave RR Librarian, product managers, JSH staff, and CSM staff.
First-hand experience in Reading Room activity and in other branch church work. High level of inspiration and vision about the potential of Reading Rooms to help branches fulfill their mission within their communities.
Education / Experience
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. An experienced, collaborative communicator and innovator able to approach others and impel new thought and patiently nurture the development of new ideas, expressing the vibrant qualities of Spirit and Love in practical, effective ways. Experience in serving in one or more branch church Reading Rooms.
In-depth knowledge of the Church Manual, The Mother Church organization, membership and experience of branch church activities are required. Demonstrated ability in planning, project management and managing internal and external relationships is necessary.
The incumbent must be alive with the desire, the expectation, and the conviction needed to change thought in our Church about Reading Rooms, to realize the present possibility for Reading Rooms to be a healing influence in churches and the communities that surround them. He/she must have the humility to actively listen for and hear new ideas coming through many individuals.
Interested in and able to relate to individuals of all ages and backgrounds, both among members and those waiting to learn about Church and this healing Science. This individual must be committed to proving and sharing Christian Science.
Preference for fluency in languages other than English is desirable to support worldwide RRs.
Familiarity with the web and other current media technology and able to advocate for considering their potential as channels of distribution for healing ideas and how the Reading Room might play a role. Incumbent must be comfortable with, or willing to learn, tools such as G Suite, Slack, and Trello.
Based in Boston preferred. Please note: This position cannot be performed remotely from Colorado [at this time] due to local job posting requirements
Christian Science Information
Mother Church membership and Primary class instruction are required, as well as being a strong and solid metaphysician, supportive of all church activities and their community-oriented healing mission.
Background check required given potential for direct contact with children.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG