Job Category: Administrator
Requisition Number: HRADM001238
Posted: August 2, 2021
Showing 1 location
MA - Boston TFCCS
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Department: Human Resources
You will report to the Manager, HR, and support the purpose and goals of the HR Department in its service to the mission of The Mother Church by supporting daily HR transactions with detailed accuracy, timeliness, understanding of HR policy and procedures, confidentiality, spiritual intuition, confidence, and grace.
You will provide confidential administrative and technical support to the Manager, HR on a day-to-day basis as well as on projects and research needs. You will coordinate multiple concurrent activities and interact with individuals and departments at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the Manager, HR (40%)
- Supports the Manager, HR by scheduling meetings, drafting communications, and working on assigned projects which may require the need to gather information and/or do research.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and Manager, HR. Provides support to employees by responding to questions and concerns on a timely basis. Brings to the Manager, HR attention any employee concerns that are sensitive and/or confidential.
- Supports the Manager, HR during the annual budget process by meeting with FP&A and HR department members. May review expenses with individual members of HR to ensure correct dollars are included in the budget.
- Takes on projects assigned by the Manager, HR that may be within or outside of the HR department.
- Assists with preparation for Coordinating Manager Meetings and provides notes from the meeting.
- Updates Coordinating Managers list.
- Supports the Manager, HR in working consistently to help the organization understand and value the role of HR as a meaningful and effective partner.
- Supports the Manager, HR in helping the organization attain higher levels of performance in an atmosphere of respect for the diverse strengths and talents of all within the organization and for the mission of the organization.
Supports Key HR Department Activities (40%)
- Manages email distribution lists used for HR purposes.
- Manages Personnel Action Form changes, including creation and quality control of PAF content, approvals process tracking, responsibility for timeliness, and filing.
- Maintains the Yellow pages sending out monthly update reminders to HR Coordinators.
- Orders supplies.
- Manages other expense reimbursements.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for candidates.
- Manages candidate reimbursement.
- Primary contact for new employee relocations.
- Ensures relocation expenses are processed on a timely basis.
- Provides other support to new employees as needed.
- Prepares department files, as required, for new hires.
- Oversees employee bridging process.
Supports the Maintenance, Integrity, and Confidentiality of HR Files (15%)
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of the active employee files.
- Ensures annual audits are performed for I-9s and employee files, verifying that active and terminated filing is current.
- Fields research questions related to current and past employee files.
- Manages employee and manager requests for access to files.
- Archives previous years of terminated employees.
- Serves as ORM Coordinator.
Other Department Support (5%)
- Supports training events – logistics, invitation, etc.
- Supports HR Administrator with event coordination.
- Provides backup for the HR Administrator on POs and check requests, except those related to the recruiting process, such as applicants and new employee relocation.
- Provides backup for the HR Administrator on flowers requests.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: Manager, HR
Has contact with HR staff, HR Coordinators, department managers, Treasurer's Office (FP&A and Payroll and Benefits)
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. 2-3 years office experience is required. Previous experience in Human Resources would be helpful.
Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills required. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Experience, interest, and success in a process and detail-oriented professional service business environment. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism in all interactions. Must be able to handle multiple and often fluctuating priorities.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google docs required. Experience with database and web-based programs required and comfortable working with social media tools.
This position regularly works in an office environment. This is not a remote position.
Christian Science Information
Membership in The Mother Church is required. Primary Class Instruction is preferred.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Powered by UKG