STEAM GROUP
Big Picture bigpic
STEAM GROUP
Big Picture bigpic
IN-GAME
Founded
September 10, 2012
SparklyVapor Jul 19, 2021 @ 2:19pm
Steam Deck OS converting into Big Picture ??
Title pretty much speaks for itself.

Is the Steam Deck OS like the next step for Big Picture? In comparison to the UI that we have now everything just looks so outdated and I would love for most of the features to be translated to the awfully outdated big picture mode.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 220 comments
austinp_valve Jul 20, 2021 @ 12:38pm 
Yes, we are replacing Big Picture with the new UI from Deck. We don't have an ETA to share yet though.
rivi Jul 20, 2021 @ 2:05pm 
yes
SparklyVapor Jul 20, 2021 @ 2:10pm 
Originally posted by austinp_valve:
Yes, we are replacing Big Picture with the new UI from Deck. We don't have an ETA to share yet though.
Thank you so sooo much Valve !!! I love my pc and loved what I’ve seen so far with that UI.

Big Picture was just ok but with this inclusion I’ll be using my controller more than ever.
ICS Jul 20, 2021 @ 2:49pm 
Really great idea. Big Picture wasnt something i liked before - this might change that completely.

Hey. Is there a major issue with Big Picture or any limitation which requires removing OG Big Picture mode as part of this update to Steam?

If it's at all possible it would be great to have an opt-in legacy mode at least accessible from Steam settings. Using a big TV I frankly love Big Picture as it is right now, having used it for so long and I'm sure I'm not the only user who thinks so (even if there's fewer of us than the rest!).

I'll probably be getting the Deck so I don't have anything against that UI (love it in fact) but have gotten my "flow" on a gamepad set up around Big Picture and its very efficient UX and I make the most of the facilities it offers.

Especially for the existing flow and process for setting up controller profiles, keys, navigating configurations, and browsing community controller bindings.
Last edited by 入人λ³Vicגスℵ; Jul 20, 2021 @ 3:03pm
Akatosh001 Jul 20, 2021 @ 3:19pm 
Thank you! I exclusively use BPM so this is great news :steamthumbsup:
Duke de plata Jul 20, 2021 @ 4:53pm 
Can we get a wheel keyboard layout back? Or just a better keyboard layout in general? Even the suggested words are annoying.
Tallcat Jul 20, 2021 @ 4:58pm 

I appreciate the comms. Looking forward to it :flowey:
A D L Jul 20, 2021 @ 5:14pm 
This is very good news. Big Picture has needed a major overhaul for a while now. Hopefully this comes with better Steam Controller support too.
PhaZZe Jul 20, 2021 @ 5:14pm 
Thanks you an the team behind this new interface, i use my steam link hardware and is really weird how chat, store and everything works
christofin Jul 20, 2021 @ 5:15pm 

Pls add achievement noises to big picture too then - even better if you let us customize it with custom .wav files!
Not Mr Flıbble Jul 20, 2021 @ 6:42pm 
Are there incoming fixes to things like date formats? By way of example, I have here a game which the current Big Picture UI shows the ‘last played’ date as 07/09/2021 – which is still ~7 weeks away…

(Language selected is “English”; system locale is en_GB.)
AlienDude Jul 20, 2021 @ 6:45pm 

This makes me so happy, also I love the avatar, I have the same one :) Really looking forward to my 512 GB steam deck in December. I've been gaming on Linux since like 2012 and the work Valve does on Proton has _dramatically_ improved compatibility.
Last edited by AlienDude; Jul 20, 2021 @ 6:48pm
AL2009man Jul 20, 2021 @ 6:52pm 

That's all I need to know. ;)
Drex Jul 20, 2021 @ 7:09pm 
Appreciate the response austin I appreciate you getting on top of this stuff, I was wondering if this was the case myself, figured it would be. Hope the conversion of the all Steam Input stuff goes well too quite a lot to do there plus the new deck stuff I'm sure :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 220 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 19, 2021 @ 2:19pm