Duke University is committed to being a safe and welcoming atmosphere for all students, faculty and staff. We value the broad spectrum of human experience, and we work continuously to create an open atmosphere with meaningful opportunities to learn.
- To support the University’s commitment to respecting personal identities of each community member.
- To suggest avenues for recourse for individuals or groups found responsible for engaging in bias-related incidents.
- To make recommendations for educational interventions to help the larger University community deepen awareness and fluency on the diversity of human experience.
- To make recommendations for avenues of support for specific communities that may be impacted by bias-related incidents.
- To provide recommendations for institutional policies and procedures.
- To inform students, faculty, and staff about opportunities for students who may have experienced bias incidents to voice their experience.
What is a bias incident?
Can individuals who engage in bias-related incidents be disciplined by the University?
What happens when a bias incident occurs?
How do I report a bias incident?
HATE & BIAS WORKING GROUP
©2021 DUKE STUDENT AFFAIRS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.