DIAGRAM VIEWER HELP
The diagram viewer visualizes the population figures interactively.
It requires Sun's Java 2 plug-in. However, it does not work for Mozilla browsers like Firefox or Netscape 7 because of "LiveConnect" problems.
The diagram viewer can be started
- by clicking on the buttons of the HTML page located above the province table or the city table (for older pages, for multi-level tables, for browsers without Java-2 plug-in or for other browsers than the Internet Explorer, the button does not exist or is not enabled). The complete table will be visualized by the diagram viewer. The user may select subsets of cities/provinces using the Select menu of the diagram viewer.
- by clicking on the button of the map viewer. The button is enabled if a city or province has been selected (for older pages, for browsers without Java-2 plug-in or for other browsers than the Internet Explorer, the button does not exist or is not enabled). The selected object will be visualized by the diagram viewer.
There are four visualization modes:
Size: visualizes the populations sizes of the cities / provinces; one or more population columns may be selected. This is the mode when the diagram viewer starts.
Portion: visualizes the portion of the population sizes of cities / provinces; only one population column should be selected.
Population Increase: visualizes the annual increase of the population size of cities / provinces; one or more population columns may be selected.
Population Development: visualizes the development of the population sizes of cities / provinces; at least two population columns must be selected.
SELECTION OF POPULATION COLUMNS
Initially, the right population column of a table is selected. Depending on the data, there are three possibilities to select other population (or area) columns that should be visualized by the current diagram:
- One Column: Select one column.
- Columns: Select one or more columns.
- All Columns: Select all columns.
SELECTION OF CITIES / PROVINCES
Depending on the data, there are up to four possibilities to select the cities / provinces that should be visualized by the current diagram:
- One City/Province: Select one city/province.
- Cities/Provinces: Select one or more cities/provinces.
- Cities/Provinces by Province: Select all cities/provinces located in a province (the abbreviations of the provinces are depicted in the selection menu).
- All Cities/Provinces: Select all available cities/provinces.
Depending on the data, there are three different sorts of the diagram items:
- alphabetical (is selected when the viewer starts),
- by size (in case of the development mode, this restricts the visualization to the 10 principle cities/provinces), or
- by province (sorts according to the abbreviations of the provinces; the second sorting criterion is the name of the city/province).