06 Sep 2006 - 21 Sep 2008
Path: Home > Giving > Highlights and Trends
Recent Highlights and Philanthropic Trends
Fund raising results for FY05
New Commitments: $124,616,673
Annual Fund: FY05 (dollars included in totals above)
- $21 million raised in Annual Fund, a record year and up more than 6 percent from FY04
- 38, 472 individual donors
- 61 percent alumni donors, 22 percent friend, 11 percent parents, 6 percent corporation and foundation [pie chart for this]
- 33 percent main campus alumni participation in the Annual Fund
- 21 percent law participation
- 29 percent medical participation
- Raised $750,000 in online giving.
- Successfully completed a historic $1 billion dollar campaign in December 2003
- Met a prestigious $2 million Kresge Challenge by raising more than $50 million for undergraduate living and learning space in 2003
- Membership in the Blue and Gray Society, which recognizes those who give $10,000 or more, annually, from 787 in FY96 to 1900 in FY05
- Expanded the Legacy Society—individuals who have made a provision for Georgetown in their estate plans—from 184 members in FY96 to 650 members in FY05
- Grew its leadership society of million dollar donors, the 1789 Society, from 133 charter members in 1997 to more than 225 in 2005
- $7.5 million renovation of Alumni House completed October 2005.
Georgetown's human resources Web site lists advancement position openings
. Check under "Development and Fund Raising."
Georgetown in the News