Sign in
Google

Google News Help Feed Feed

Question: Font size ? Report abuse

Just_Mike
Level 1
2/28/09
It seem there some issues with Google News web page . I have my font set at the largest and now it doesn't seem to be . The smallest is so small there no way anyone could read it ... In the last few months Google seem to be having font size bug issues , why is that ? My font is set at largest but it look like its set at medium . I'm using IE 7 and 8 under both Vista sp1 and XP sp3 .... Scans shows no spyware or virus from Avast / Superspyware / Spyware Blaster / Spybot .

All answers

Just_Mike
Level 1
3/1/09
Come on Google , Not a single response by now is pretty sad ... Text size is set at largest and it seem to be only at medium . At least you could say something rather not saying nothing at all ....
Do you think this answers the question? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
tootsiepuss
Level 1
3/2/09
I hope some response is heard from Google on the font machinations.  At least be consistent in font size throughout the text.  I need the larger size. 
Abe
Google Employee
3/4/09
It sounds like this might be an issue caused by the way your browser handles font resizing. Is this happening with Firefox as well?

If you like, you can report this issue on our Report an Issue page [1], and if we need more information from you to diagnose the problem, you can provide us with screenshots.

Thanks,
Abe
References:
entonio
Level 1
3/4/09
I've submitted this issue on your issue page but haven't heard anything yet. I'll be glad to give you screenshots. This has nothing to do with the browser you use (except for the fact that you may have different definitions on differente browsers and some of those may mask the error). It's due to the way that you set font size explicitly on the main page (and on this one, for instance). The 'about' page, for instance, is ok. This is a recent problem; you have changed the styles some days ago - you've also lost the background, if you define the default background as anything other than white in your browser, you'll see it show through - that didin't happen before, nor does it happen in other google pages.
This bug appeared intermittently since I think February, and now has become permanent.
entonio
Level 1
3/4/09
To replicate this in Firefox (since you mention that browser):

1 - Open tab 1 with www.google.com and tab 2 with news.google.com. Notice how each one looks.

2 - In the preferences, change font size and background color

3 - Reload the tabs (if needed), and notice:
A - tab 1 changes font size (respecting your preference) and keeps the white background (respecting the rest of the graphic design)
B - tab 2 keeps the same font it had before (ergo your needed font size is ignored) and gets the new bg color, which clashes with all the other colors used (you might think of respecting user-defined colors as well , but in that case you'd have to respect all of them, and that would mean not having any colors in the whole page, which is not that useful).

4 - PLEASE solve this.

Just_Mike
Level 1
3/5/09
Hi ... Okay I would but which topic should I place it under ? List below
Its okay with Firefox and that what I am using now but I also like IE .
How does one add an image ? I don't see any option to do so

Thanks

Site requires registration or subscription    

Site that publishes press releases isn’t labeled "(press release)"    

Typo or incorrect headline    

Article contains offensive content    

Story is in the wrong section    

Issues with images in Google News
Image doesn't match article    

Image contains adult content    

Issues accessing Google News or an individual article
Server errors    

Error page when clicking on a Google News link

Just_Mike
Level 1
3/5/09
If it works below you will see screen shots , first is the largest setting follow by the smallest.
You have to copy and paste the url into your browser for the images

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=largest.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smallest.jpg
entonio
Level 1
3/5/09
It's not ok in Firefox, this has nothing to do with the browser. It's just that your Firefox settings may disguise the problem. To see the problem happen in Firefox (or any other browser), just follow the steps I've indicated above ('To replicate this in Firefox...'). (For imstance, try switching between default font size of 18 and 22; you'll see that nothing happens in news.google.com, whereas www.google.com will adjust ok).
Just_Mike
Level 1
3/9/09
Why can't Google fix this problem ? If your not going to fix this problem ? Than you leave me no other choice but to use a different site for my homepage .

Sign in to answer this question.

Subscribe

© 2009 Google - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service