Reasons to Visit the Dean's Office
Drop by and see us if...
Beginning of semester (before the end of Add/Drop)
- You need help getting a full schedule of classes.
- You need a dean's signature for a course that requires a paper add/drop slip.
- You want to arrange an independent study/tutorial with a professor.
- You want to take a course pass/fail.
- You need approval for service-learning credit.
- You need approval for a consortium course.
Throughout the semester
- You have concerns about a course or need advice on issues that may affect your academic progress.
- You have questions about graduation requirements or your degree audit in
- You want to set up a Four Year Plan (first-year students).
- You have questions about your pre-Georgetown credit (AP, IB, International exams, transfer credit, etc.).
- You need approval for summer school courses, either away from or at Georgetown.
- Your approved transfer credit from another institution is not on your transcript.
- You would like to request letters of reference for academic programs.
- You need approval for your study abroad study proposal.
- You want to declare or change a major or minor.
- You seek advice on pre-med planning.
- You have questions about the business minor/coursework (language majors only).
- You would like to request an academic or personal leave of absence.
- You want to withdraw from a class (after the add/drop deadline has passed).
- You wish to seek an exception to any deadlines due to unusual circumstances.
- You would like to apply for Internal Transfer to another school at Georgetown.
End of semester
- You need to file an incomplete for a class.
- You need to apply to take a final exam during the conflict exam time.
- You need to miss class because you are sick.
- You wish to request a medical leave of absence.
- You are experiencing emotional difficulties that are affecting your studies.
Programs Administered in the Dean's Office