Call for Proposals: Prison as a Last Resort—Advocacy Projects
In order to launch, reinvigorate or step up penal reform efforts in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, the Human Rights and Governance Grants Program seeks NGO advocacy projects in the regions aimed at achieving a clear change in penal policy and/or practice.
HRGGP welcomes projects in the following three priority areas:
- Promoting Respect for Human Rights in Prisons
- Challenging the Overuse of Incarceration
- Combating Discrimination in Sentencing, Prisons and Reentry
Funding will be provided to advocacy projects addressing one or more of the above priority areas through research and advocacy, impact litigation, and policy analysis.
Grant decisions in 2010 will be made in two rounds:
- Concept papers submitted before January 20, 2010, will receive final decisions by May 1, 2010.
- Concept papers submitted before August 1, 2010, will be notified of funding decisions by November 30, 2010.
For More Information