Sign in
Google - Google News

Help forum Feed Feed

Help forum > Google News > Google News Suggestions > Is there someway to block Fox News and other extremist news from my Google News?

Is there someway to block Fox News and other extremist news from my Google News? Report abuse

Garboard
Level 1
1/14/10

Replies 1 - 7 of 7

ericgtr
Level 1
1/16/10
Seconded. FOX News appears to either be paying for top spots or they've found a way to work the system but in either case their headlines are everywhere and we cannot filter them. Google Moderators, please at least address this question for those of us who don't want hateful and untruthful right wing spin thrust upon us when we simply want to read real news. Any feedback you can provide with tips to exclude a source would be great.
4 of 5 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
ShawnSGeorge
Level 1
1/19/10
There's a heck of a lot more front page stories from Huffington Post than there are from Fox News...why aren't you complaining about those?  At least Fox News pretends to be unbiased.
0 of 4 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
ericgtr
Level 1
1/21/10
You should also have a right to block sites you don't find newsworthy as well. The point is we should have a choice. Today I saw a lead story by Glenn Beck on the top of the page and today is the last day I will use Google news until they stop forcing their sources on us. You have a choice folks, if you like FOX go to FOX, same for CNN, Huffington, etc. Would you visit any of those sites if you don't like them? Then why is Google forcing them on you?

This is very disappointing and even more so that Google won't even acknowledge this request. I don't think they take their readership too seriously.
1 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
Yapper
Level 1
1/22/10
I agree and I would like to block the Fox "News" feed.  I can get my opinion news by going site to site.  Can someone from Google chime in here?  Can we select the News (or in Fox's case "News") sources?

Thanks
dandydon64
Level 1
1/23/10
I want real news.  Not opinions from a pol site.  Wall street journal is another source that should be reporting on anything but stock markets

Google news is good, but why won't they (or can't) let us filter our news source.  If they can't do it just let us know, and we will move on.
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
Mo J
Level 1
2/2/10
I think this is a great idea for Fox news... Being able to block it as well as giving those who ONLY want fox news the ability to do that as well. It should be our news and the way we want it, if we so choose to tailor our news to our preferences.
3szoom
Level 1
2/11/10
Don't forget: WSJ (Editorial), Christian Science Monitor and Washington Times.
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse

Sign in to answer this question.

Subscribe

Tell us how we're doing: Please answer a few questions about your experience to help us improve our Help Center.