Sign in
Google - Google News

Help forum Feed Feed

Help forum > Google News > Google News Publishers - Troubleshooting > Stories not showing up in Google News

Stories not showing up in Google News Report abuse

Sunpluggers
Level 1
3/31/10
I'm experiencing a weird problem. A story I added to my news sitemap has been made into a Google alert for the word "solar," but the story is not appearing in regular google news search results at all.

This is the story:

http://sunpluggers.com/states/california/2010/03/los-angeles-officials-near-agreement-on-raising-rates-to-help-pay-for-solar-plan-000151.php

My news site map has validated correctly. Are we being excluded from Google News now for some reason?

Best answers

methode
Top Contributor
3/31/10
Best answer - Sunpluggers (Asker) Go to this answer
Oh. I see the article in the results from the subnet I'm routed to. Weird.
Since it's indexed, there's nothing more you can do to make it visible on your side.
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse

Replies 1 - 5 of 5

Sunpluggers
Level 1
3/31/10
Thank you so much, methode, for your prompt answer. When I click on the link, I get this message:

Your search - site:sunpluggers.com "L.A. Officials ... - did not match any documents.

Something must be wrong with my browser, I think, then.

methode
Top Contributor
3/31/10
Best answer - Sunpluggers (Asker)
Oh. I see the article in the results from the subnet I'm routed to. Weird.
Since it's indexed, there's nothing more you can do to make it visible on your side.
Sunpluggers
Level 1
3/31/10
Did I do something wrong in my sitemap? It's happened to two articles so far, and I'm worried it will happen to all of them from now on.
Sunpluggers
Level 1
3/31/10
It has suddenly shown up in search results. Did you have to do anything? Anyway, thanks you very much, methode, for looking into this. Have a great day!

Sign in to answer this question.

Subscribe

Go to:

Tell us how we're doing: Please answer a few questions about your experience to help us improve our Help Center.