12 Mar 2009 - 09 Mar 2012
- About Georgetown
- Learning and Teaching
- Research and Scholarship
- Campus and Community
- Services and Administration
Blue & Gray
Georgetown’s newspaper, Blue & Gray, serves as the university’s primary source for communicating university community news to faculty and staff. Published twice a month electronically and once a month in print during the academic year, the Blue & Gray contains news briefs and stories, as well as reoccurring features about faculty and staff.Content from the Blue & Gray appears on the Georgetown University homepage and News Center.
Because Blue & Gray’s audience includes faculty and staff from the Main Campus, Medical Center and Law Center, our news stories are written to appeal to a broad audience. We encourage you to submit ideas for:
- Profiles of interesting people or programs on the university’s three campuses;
- Feature stories about academic or workplace trends, programs or events;
- News articles about program changes, new offerings, policy updates or other new issues on campus.
- The Focal Point Q&A feature highlights faculty expertise on current issues and trends. Topics include politics, medicine, spirituality, ethics, popular culture, literature, and other issues.
- Research stories cover findings of studies conducted by faculty or staff members or Georgetown-based research centers.
- Newsmakers are short highlight new awards, grants, committee appointments, book releases or other news honoring individuals or departments.
Deadlines for short items are one week prior to the date of publication. Though we don’t always have room to print all information, we do our best to accommodate requests.
Submit information and ideas to Blue & Gray editor Nia Hightower, email@example.com or (202) 687-5164.