16 Oct 2003 - 14 Apr 2022
What is Faculty of 1000 Biology?
“ I visited the web site, and got immediately excited. This is just what we need. ”
The Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Ontario
Faculty of 1000 Biology is the next generation literature awareness tool. It is a revolutionary online research service that comprehensively and systematically highlights and reviews the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 2300 selected leading researchers ("Faculty Members").
Faculty of 1000 Biology is run by scientists for scientists and provides a rapidly updated consensus map of the important papers and trends across biology.
Faculty of 1000 Biology:
- Provides scientists with a continuously updated insider's guide to the most important papers within any given field of research
- Highlights papers on the basis of their scientific merit rather than the journal in which they appear
- Offers the researcher a consensus of recommendations from well over 2300 leading scientists
- Systematically organizes and evaluates the mass of information within scientific literature
- Offers an immediate rating of individual papers by the authors' peers, and an important complement to the indirect assessment provided by the journal impact factor.
You can get a flavour of Faculty of 1000 Biology
by Taking a tour of the site
and looking at our Key Features
. With recommendations from such a large group of leading, international group of researchers, Faculty of 1000 Biology
is a must for all those working within the life sciences.Faculty of 1000 Biology ISSN 1740-4118
“ The mass of literature is overwhelming, and a systematic tool that organizes and evaluates it authoritatively like this is just what we need ”
Stanford University, California