Head of Production Section (Documentary Channel - Doha)
Channel / Division: Documentary Channel
Department: Documentary Channel MD Office
Job Title: Head of Production Section
Reporting To: Managing Director – Al Jazeera Documentary
The head of Production is expected to lead in the conceptualisation, development and implementation of the production’s divisional activities in support of the channels strategic objectives; additionally, they will develop and implement strategies to an assigned budget. The successful candidate will possess demonstrable leadership skills and a real desire to leave a legacy and make an impression across the documentary channel.
They will drive and manage an international and diverse talented team based at Al Jazeera Headquarters in Doha. They will also be responsible for managing production output across Al Jazeera’s Documentary Channel.
The Production head of section will support the Managing Director by overseeing the
coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing production including planning, organising, staffing, leading, and controlling projects and output activities.
• The Production head of section will manage and lead the divisions output, providing vision and insight into its content and direction.
• Provide advisory and knowledge on issues that affect all sections. Using past experience and best practice to achieve the channels goals.
• Lead in the performance setting, monitoring and evaluation processes to meet the channel’s vision and objectives.
• Develop a strong networking ethos across channel and enhancing the channels strong brand presence.
• Work to ensures that the channel meets its strategic guidelines.
• Collaborate with AJD's head of sections on ensuring the look and feel of on-screen content is in within brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will be self motivated posse’s gravitas and have a natural inclination to lead by example. They will employ emotional intelligence to work effectively within a multicultural environment.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong leadership abilities and a demonstrable experience of selecting and managing creative and diverse teams.
• Hi emotional intelligence aligned with exceptional communication and management skills.
• An exemplary tolerance of diversity to manage different culture and background, both at personal and work level.
• A thorough knowledge and empathy with issues that affect the network’s customers and target audience.
• A sound knowledge of legal, ethical, technical, HR, administration and budgetary requirements.
• A natural inclination toward coaching for development and performance skills.
• Excellent interaction and relationships with Al Jazeera Network management and its relevant departments and subsidiaries.
• Previous experience on a managerial level and in leading large team in the television industry is desirable.
• A well deserved reputation in the market and demonstrable related accomplishments.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with a mature and diligent attitude.
• Strong presence and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• A network of relationships aligned with a strong drive and good business judgment.
• Ensures channel demands are met on the Short and Medium term.