Transparency and Choice
At Google, we are keenly aware of the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy. As part of this responsibility, we let you know what information we collect when you use our products and services, why we collect it and how we use it to improve your experience.
We have 5 privacy principles that describe how we approach privacy and user information across all of our products:
- Use information to provide our users with valuable products and services.
- Develop products that reflect strong privacy standards and practices.
- Make the collection of personal information transparent.
- Give users meaningful choices to protect their privacy.
- Be a responsible steward of the information we hold.
This Privacy Center was created to provide you with easy-to-understand information about our products and policies to help you make more informed choices about which products you use, how to use them, and what information you provide to us.
We are updating our privacy policies to make them more user-friendly and to better reflect how our products work together.Find out more details
about the updates and read the new policy
. The updated policy will take effect on October 3, 2010.
The following statements explain specific privacy practices with respect to certain products and services: