05 Sep 2005 - 04 Feb 2018
About the Georgetown University web site
The content of the Georgetown University web site is intended to convey the diversity of our university's vibrant community and to articulate the central themes of the university's mission -- academic excellence; Catholic, Jesuit identity; and international presence -- to the broad range of constituents visiting the Georgetown Web daily.
- Lead story: the main image on the homepage highlights an individual member of the Georgetown University community by profiling faculty, student, and alumnae/us or link to a slideshow about the institution, providing a personalized view of the special character of the university.
- News: news stories are derived from university press releases, the Blue & Gray newspaper and Georgetown Magazine and are intended to publicize research findings or publications, faculty or student awards and recognition, or University initiatives.
- Events: event highlights of upcoming university events are derived from the university's master calendar and are intended to publicize the rich diversity of events.
- In the News: in the news citations link to recent media references about the University or quoting members of its distinguished community of scholars.
- University Status: changes to the University's status are visible on the home page. At appropriate times the home page includes the University Status badge to alert the community to emergency or inclement weather changes in campus activity.
This site is maintained by the Office of Communications
in collaboration with the GUide Committee
, which represents students, faculty, staff and university offices on all three campuses. The GUide Committee wishes to thank everyone who has participated in the development of this site.
Tell us what you think
Important policy information
All Georgetown University web pages are covered by the following important policies:
For additional information please see:
Third Party Services
Georgetown University uses the following third party services to enhance its web site: