Our work in Africa
We are working with a wide range of partners, including African media professionals, broadcasters, government agencies and NGOs to use media and communication to:
- Provide life-saving information in emergency situations
- Improve sexual and reproductive health, child and maternal health and prevent infectious diseases
- Help people earn a better living
- Facilitate free and fair elections and help citizens hold their governments to account
- Increase access to education
- Promote environmental conservation
- Strengthen the African media
- A National Conversation - Promoting accountability, transparency and participation through public service broadcasting in Angola, Sierra Leone and Tanzania.
- The African Media Initiative
- Communicating justice in Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Uganda
- Speaking out boldly about sexual and reproductive health in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi
- Teacher education in Sub Saharan Africa
- Africa Talks Climate in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
Projects by country