20 Nov 2010 - 31 Jan 2011
We welcome support from private, family and corporate foundations to help us reduce poverty, promote human rights and help others to build better lives.
The BBC World Service Trust depends on external grants and donations to carry out its work.
We are primarily funded by grants from the Department for International Development (DFID), the European Union, UN agencies, and US and European trusts and foundations. We only receive a small amount of core support for our activities from the BBC (both in kind and cash).
We welcome funding and requests for proposals from trusts and foundations with an interest in:
We are currently seeking core grants to support: research and development, Infrastructure and innovation across all our themes.
With your support, we can use media and communication to:
- Provide vital information to the victims of natural disasters or conflict
- Save lives and reduce human suffering by raise awareness and changing behaviour and attitudes towards critical health issues, including HIV and AIDS
- Support economic development by empowering individuals with information about market prices and business skills
- Help citizens hold their governments to account by enabling public scrutiny, dialogue and debate
- Empower women and girls to play an active role in society
- Educate children and adults who have been denied an education
- Help develop an independent, un-biased media that is free from government control
- Engage in dialogue at a national and international policy level through government relations and UN agencies
If you would like to discuss a donation, please email Awo Ablo, Director of Business development at: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading â€˜yourtrustorfoundationnamedonation'.
If you would like to make a donation today:
You can make a secure credit, debit, or CAF card donation online today.
Please send your company details and a cheque made out to the BBC World Service Trust to:
BBC World Service Trust
PO Box 76
London WC2B 4PH