1. Introduction and General TermsShare this
The BBC is committed to protecting you and your family's personal information when you are using BBC services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us through the bbc.co.uk websites.
In order to provide you with the full range of BBC services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information the BBC may collect about you;
- how the BBC will use information we collect about you;
- when the BBC may use your details to contact you;
- whether the BBC will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, the BBC is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the "data protection laws").
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
BBC © 2011