Sign in
Google - Google News

Help forum Feed Feed

Help forum > Google News > Google News Publishers - Troubleshooting > Google News has stopped picking up our new stories

Google News has stopped picking up our new stories Report abuse

JHT42
Level 1
3/17/11
Hi guys,

Not entirely sure whether I should post this here or submit a ticket, apologies if I'm going about it the wrong way... we've been with Google News almost since its beginning and we've never had even the slightest issue so I've never had reason to come looking for the help forum before. :)

It looks as though Google News has suddenly stopped picking up our new articles.  The last one picked up was early in the day on the 15th, at least that's what I get when I sort by date:
http://news.google.com/news/search?cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=site:cinemablend.com&cf=all&scoring=n

Any way you guys can look into this?  If it's something on our end let us know and we'll get it fixed right away.

Replies 1 - 11 of 11

JHT42
Level 1
3/18/11
Hi guys, any update on this?  Would really like to get this glitch solved so GNews will get back to indexing our news stories.
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
JHT42
Level 1
3/18/11
Looks like it either fixed itself, you guys fixed it and didn't say anything, or it responded to the new Google News Sitemap I just gave it.  Either way, all good. If you fixed it, thanks Google Team! 
artyonemanparty
Level 2
3/19/11
We have the same issue. In the last 24 hours we have posted over five posts and not one has been indexed. In WMT it shows that there are currently 6 in our news sitemap but I don't see new ones in the news index when using "site:www.website.com command. Not sure how to solve this issue.

Thanks
TheAPPera
Level 1
3/19/11
I would have to assume this is some sort of hiccup. I seriously do not know what I did wrong,
artyonemanparty
Level 2
3/19/11
I contacted google news support yesterday at 11pm (PST). One of our writers posted two stories up 3 hours ago and still nothing. I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Thanks
zennie62
Level 1
3/20/11
I just submitted a trouble ticket as this happened to me as well at SFGate.com blog.  Something's wrong here.  
artyonemanparty
Level 2
3/20/11
Still nothing and still a green checkmark in WMT. I hope whatever is going on gets fixed soon. Our writers have made over 14 posts in the past 48 hours and not one has been included in the news section. Our articles are typically 300 to 1000 words long and written by 7 different people (5 from the U.S. and 2 from UK) I'm not going to say we are perfect (who here can) but we are much better than 85% of the sites currently in the news section. Seems unfair that all of a sudden we get dropped and no word from Google. Lets hope they at least respond to our tickets.
zennie62
Level 1
12:27 AM
It looks like it was just a glitch.  

One of the sites that issued a complaint, www.cinemablend.com, is being indexed again as of today. So it's looking like it's a glitch.  

The "Jude Law" blog post is indexed...

See:  

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Jude+Law+Might+Join+Knightley,+Johnson+In+Anna+Karenina&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

artyonemanparty
Level 2
1:21 AM
Hi Zennie62, how long was cinemablend not being indexed by Google News? I'm going on my third day with zero stories being indexed :(   
TheAPPera
Level 1
4:53 AM
 I am on my third day as well without anything. Last news is from March 17. I've submitted tickets to Google. Our traffic is tremendously affected.
artyonemanparty
Level 2
5:15 AM
I guess both of us r in the same boat :( unfortunate for us.

Sign in to answer this question.

Subscribe

Go to: