Google Help Forum
Terms of Service
Google Help Forum Terms of Service
Welcome to Google Help Forum! Before you begin using Google Help Forum, you must read and agree to these Google Help Forum Terms of Service ("Terms of Service") and the following terms and conditions and policies, including any future amendments (collectively, the "Agreement"):
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at http://www.google.com/support/forum/tos. Google may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. If you do not accept and abide by this Agreement, you may not use Google Help Forum. In the event of an inconsistency between the Google Help Forum Terms of Service and either Google's general Terms of Service http://www.google.com/intl/en/terms_of_service.html
1. Description of Service. Google Help Forum is an online community where Google users ask and answer questions on a variety of topics. You will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. You understand and agree that Google Help Forum is provided to you on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. Google disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of Google Help Forum or content within Google Help Forum. Google also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue Google Help Forum with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use Google Help Forum. Google reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
2. Proper Use. You agree that you are responsible for your own use of Google Help Forum, for any posts you make, and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use Google Help Forum in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence and all United States export control laws.
You agree to abide by the Google Help Forum Posting Guidelines (http://www.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=tos_forum.html) and the rules and restrictions therein. Google may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the Google Help Forum Posting Guidelines at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Violation of any of the foregoing, including the Google Help Forum Posting Guidelines (http://www.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=tos_forum.html), may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. Google reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of Google Help Forum in order to (a) determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or (b) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Much of the content of Google Help Forum -- including the contents of specific postings -- is provided by and is the responsibility of the person or people who made such postings. Google does not actively monitor the content of Google Help Forum, and takes no responsibility for such content. Instead, Google merely provides access to such content as a service to you.
By its very nature, Google Help Forum may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using Google Help Forum.
Google does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted via Google Help Forum or endorse any opinions expressed via Google Help Forum. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via Google Help Forum will be at your own risk.
Participants in Google Help Forum only have moderation privileges when logged into an account with such privileges. It is within Google's sole discretion to grant users moderation privileges. Such individuals may not perform moderation functions when utilizing other accounts, and in no instance is Google responsible for the activities of these users.
4. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage. You agree that Google has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content and other communications maintained by Google Help Forum. Google retains the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
5. Content of Google Help Forum. You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos, other images, or profile information) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, Google Help Forum are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the "Content". Google takes no responsibility for third-party Content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor does Google have any obligation to monitor such third-party Content. Google reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on Google Help Forum, such as Content which violates the terms of this Agreement. Google also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Google, its users and the public. Google will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
6. Intellectual Property Rights. Google's Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that Google owns all right, title and interest in and to Google Help Forum, including all intellectual property rights (the "Google Rights"). Google Rights are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from Google Help Forum. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any Content from Google Help Forum. As described immediately below, Google Rights do not include third-party Content used as part of Google Help Forum, including the Content appearing on Google Help Forum.
Your Intellectual Property Rights. Google claims no ownership or control over any Content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through Google Help Forum. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through Google services and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through Google services which are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant Google a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish, modify, and distribute such Content on Google products and services for the purpose of displaying and distributing Google products and services. Google furthermore reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in its sole discretion.
You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content submitted by you.
7. No Resale of the Service. Unless expressly authorized in writing by Google, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any portion of Google Help Forum (b) use Google Help Forum, or (c) access to Google Help Forum.
8. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to Google to participate in Google Help Forum is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
9. Termination; Suspension. Google may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate Google Help Forum, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system for some time for back-up purposes. Sections 2, 3, 5 - 7, and 9 - 13 of the Agreement, along with applicable provisions of the general Terms of Service (including the section regarding limitation of liability), shall survive expiration or termination.
10. Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Google, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of Google Help Forum, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, Google will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
11. Copyright Information. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed on Google Community Help, please refer to http://www.google.com/dmca.html for information on how to file or respond to a notice of infringement.
12. Notices. You agree that Google may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Agreement, by email, regular mail, or postings on Google services.
13. Third Party Sites. Sometimes when you use Google Help Forum, you may access (as a result of, or through your use of Google Help Forum a third party web site or service. Your use of these web sites or services may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned. If so, this Agreement does not affect your legal relationship with these other companies or individuals, but your activities with third parties on Google Help Forum must still comply with this Agreement. Google is in no way responsible for the third party web site or the service, and its associated content, and does not endorse any content available through the third party web site or service.