Sign in
Google - Google News

Help forum Feed Feed

Help forum > Google News > Google News Publishers - Troubleshooting > Help! For unkown reason Google won't index my site in Google News Page

Help! For unkown reason Google won't index my site in Google News Page Report abuse

edaily
Level 2
11/18/09

On or around 10 November 2009, I inquired why Google has stopped indexing my site, www.eritreadaily.net, in Google News. On 14 November 2009, Googel News Team replied as follows: When we reviewed your site we found that we can no longer include it in Google News at this time. We currently only include articles from sources that contains one individual only. If you have other information about your site that we should consider, please reply to this email within a week. We appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Considering the one week deadline, I posted a question asking for help with Google's requirement "We currently only include articles from sources that contains one individual only." Google Top contributor, 'methode', responded to my question very soon and explained it to me as follows: "No, that means that they don't include sources in Google News which is edited/authored by a single person. If you have an author team, that's OK. If you're the only author on your site, that's not OK.".

Knowing methode for his valuable suggestions in many such matters, I took methode's advice and provided Google Team with a list of my Team members.

Now today, 17 November, Google Team responded as follows:

"Thank you for your reply and for providing us with this additional information about your site. Although we're still unable to include your site in Google News at this time, please be assured that we'll log your site for future consideration. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Google News."

Folks please help! I would like to know the reasons why Google is doing that to me! I would think that at least Google would provide me with reasons for its actions so that I and may be others can learn from and rectify the matter. Someone please tell me what is wrong with my site. Great, great thanks! I am totally at a loss in this matter! Thanks to methode, my site has the appropriate site map and type. Thanks

Best answers

Inbal
Google Employee
11/25/09
Best answer - edaily (Asker) Go to this answer
Dear edaily,

We've reviewed your site again and contacted you via email.

Best,
Inbal
0 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse

Replies 1 - 12 of 12

Inbal
Google Employee
11/19/09
Hi edaily,

Your site appears to have been blocked, and we're currently unable to review the organizational information on your site. As you may know, we currently only include articles from sources that could be considered organizations, generally characterized by multiple writers and editors, and availability of organizational information.

Please see the thread below with resources to address this issue.

~ Inbal
References:
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
edaily
Level 2
11/19/09
Greetings Inbal:
I checked the dashbord for my website on Webmaster Tools today 18 November 2009. Although it is still flagged with the malware notification, upon clicking on the 'More Detail' button there is the following message:
"Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate." That is good news to me. What should I do now? Just wait until the change takes effect or is there some thing else I should do? I appreciate your advice greatly.

Regards,
edaily
methode
Top Contributor
11/19/09
Yes, edaily. Just wait until the change propagate over all the data centers.
In the meantime you may want to analyze how the offenders injected the malicious code into your site. If you need help with this, the best is to contact your webhost.

Have a great day!
edaily
Level 2
11/19/09
Hi brother methode: Once again great thanks for your advice. I have made all the security changes needed: Changed FTP Client, Passwords etc in collaboration with my webhosting co. Will certainly wait it out.

You have a great day too, my friend!
methode
Top Contributor
11/19/09
You too, brother edaily :)
References:
edaily
Level 2
11/20/09
methode, lol! Cool! Thanks:)
edaily
Level 2
11/20/09
Dear methode et al,

This is just to keep you posted on my issue and to ask for your advice and help in this matter once again. My site is www.eritreadaily.net.

on 18 November the message posted by Google read: "Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate."  While I was waiting for the process to propagate to all data centers, today I found out that message was removed and my site is planely flagged with a malware warning sign. I have now submitted Request for Review stating that I have verifiably cleaned my site of all malwares including assurances from my webhosting company that my site is secure and safe. Anxiously awaiting your advice,
edaily
methode
Top Contributor
11/21/09
Thanks for your note.

Unfortunately the only thing I can advice you is to have patience. The propagation hasn't taken place yet: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.eritreadaily.net/&hl=en but if they said in the email you're fine, then they already started the removal of the flag.

I know I helped nothing, but this is it.

edaily
Level 2
11/21/09
Dear inbal,
My website is as of today no more blocked. Please review the site if we meet your requirements you listed above, great thanks

edaily

edaily
Level 2
11/21/09
methode, this is today's status of my site posted on Dashboard of webmaster tools for my site. Warning flag removed and "
Googlebot has successfully accessed your home page.
Pages from your site are included in Google's index." Now that I have provided them with the info they need like explained above, I wish I knew any more reasons why Google won't include pages from my site in Google News Page. Remember, above, Inbal responded to my Q but could not access the site cos it was blocked. Now that block has been removed, I hope he will review my site again for indexing in Google News Page. God speed!

Have great weekend
Inbal
Google Employee
11/25/09
Best answer - edaily (Asker)
Dear edaily,

We've reviewed your site again and contacted you via email.

Best,
Inbal
0 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
edaily
Level 2
11/25/09
Dear Inbal great thanks. Folks, hurray!  Site granted inclusion in Google News Page again! Google News Team responded as follows today:
Thank you for your reply and for writing in the Forum. We've re-reviewed your site, which was blocked in 11/18/09 with "Reported Attack Site!" and will be re-adding it to our index for Google News. The inclusion of your articles should be processed within the next few weeks.

Regards,
The Google News Team

Sign in to answer this question.

Subscribe

Go to:

Tell us how we're doing: Please answer a few questions about your experience to help us improve our Help Center.