Sign in
Google - Google News

Help forum Feed Feed

Help forum > Google News > Google News Publishers - Troubleshooting > Why our articles are not showing up in Google News though our site has been added to Google News?

Why our articles are not showing up in Google News though our site has been added to Google News? Report abuse

The Weekend Leader
Level 1
2/21/11
The Weekend Leader (www.theweekendleader.com) was added to Google News as per your communication dated February 19. But the article that was posted today on the site is not showing up in Google News. Why is it so?

Best answers

Harvey P.
Google Employee
2/23/11
Best answer - Harvey P. (Google Employee) Go to this answer
Hi Weekend Leader,

Thanks so much for your question. In reviewing your site, I found a couple of things that may be preventing our crawler from indexing your articles. In the HTML code of article pages, you use many formatting tags such as <p> and <br> that may cause problems for our crawler. Removing frequent use of these tags may help our system better identify and index your articles. 

Additionally, I noticed that some of the URLs of your articles don't contain the 3 digits required for crawling. Please review our URL technical guidelines for other tips and suggestions.

You should review our article on the News-specific crawl errors below for more suggestions. If you haven't already done so, submit a Google News sitemap and use Webmaster Tools to diagnose additional issues with your articles. 

Thanks again and all the best,
Harvey
References:
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse

Replies 1 - 5 of 5

erku
Level 4
2/22/11
hi The Weekend Leader,

normally it takes several days, even a week to get the first story crawled.

Wait for few more days and it should appear. Consider that Feb. 19th was a Saturday.

Good Luck.
blogmaster88
Level 2
2/22/11
When did you originally apply for inclusion into Google news?
Cjnews
Level 5
2/22/11
@ The Weekend Leader

It takes somewhere around 10 days to get the approved site indexed for Google News.

Keep on posting your original contents and they would appear somewhere at the last week of February or first week of March.

All the best.

Harvey P.
Google Employee
2/23/11
Best answer - Harvey P. (Google Employee)
Hi Weekend Leader,

Thanks so much for your question. In reviewing your site, I found a couple of things that may be preventing our crawler from indexing your articles. In the HTML code of article pages, you use many formatting tags such as <p> and <br> that may cause problems for our crawler. Removing frequent use of these tags may help our system better identify and index your articles. 

Additionally, I noticed that some of the URLs of your articles don't contain the 3 digits required for crawling. Please review our URL technical guidelines for other tips and suggestions.

You should review our article on the News-specific crawl errors below for more suggestions. If you haven't already done so, submit a Google News sitemap and use Webmaster Tools to diagnose additional issues with your articles. 

Thanks again and all the best,
Harvey
References:
rustybrick
Level 9
2/23/11
Harvey P.  You allow for br and p, no?  Is the issue it is too excessive? (not my site, just curious, the code doesn't look that bad).

Sign in to answer this question.

Subscribe

Go to: