- You need a Google Account to create an iGoogle homepage that is accessible from any Internet-connected computer. Google asks for some personal information when you create a Google Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A Google Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
- You may also create an iGoogle homepage that is accessible only from your computer, with preference settings stored in a cookie.
- You may choose to submit additional information in order to personalize your homepage (such as a zip code to customize your weather forecast).
- When you use iGoogle, Google's servers automatically record log information which may include information about your preference settings.
Google maintains and processes personal information in order to provide your personalized homepage and other services. This information will be stored in a cookie on your machine and sent to Google when you request the page if you have set up a page without an associated Google Account, or transmitted to Google's servers and securely stored in association with your Google Account information if you are signed in to your Google Account.
- You can terminate your Google Account at any time as described here.
- You can change or delete the preference settings in your iGoogle Account at any time as described in our iGoogle Help Center. Note that when you close some sections of your personalized homepage, such as Bookmarks, your settings are still saved and will reappear if you add that section back to your homepage later.
- You can delete your cookie with your preferences stored by following the instructions for deleting cookies in your browser.
- Some iGoogle gadgets allow you to share information, updates and activities with your friends. These social gadgets are labeled with a social icon. You can control what information these gadgets share with your friends by following these Google help instructions.