MARAPRMAY
1 capture
11 Apr 2011
About this capture
Sign in

Help forumFeed
Help forum > Google News > Google News Publishers - Troubleshooting > Google News seems to have stopped picking up stories from my news site. Not sure why? Help!
Google News seems to have stopped picking up stories from my news site. Not sure why? Help!
Report abuse
TNSV
Level 1
4/3/11
I tag news stories just as in the past...website is : www thenextsiliconvalley.com.
News tagged URL follow the suggested format: 

technews/9999/news-story-​headline

last story was picked up March 22 see list below.

http://www.google.com/search?​q=site%3Athenextsiliconvalley.​com&hl=en&client=safari&rls=​en&tbas=0&sa=X&ei=​S2N9TZWOIcTG0QGd0MHgAw&ved=​0CBEQpwUoBjge&source=lnt&tbs=​nws%3A1%2Csbd%3A1%2Ccdr%3A1%​2Ccd_min%3A3%2F1%2F2010%2Ccd_​max%3A3%2F13%2F2011&tbm=#q=​site:thenextsiliconvalley.com&​hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&​tbas=0&tbs=nws:1,sbd:1&sa=X&​ei=BumXTY7DH9S2tweD14DoCw&ved=​0CAQQhQE&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_​pw.&fp=f101057897537b04.

I've made some taxonomy changes and changed a few other processes - but that should noy effect news pick up?

Any suggestions how to get back on the pickup list?

Thanks.

R
Best answers
Harvey P.
Google Employee
4/7/11
Best answer - Harvey P. (Google Employee) Go to this answer
Hi TNSV,

Thanks for your question. It looks like you may have modified the URLs of the sections you originally submitted for inclusion in Google News. This can sometimes prevent us from crawling your new content. It may be just a matter of updating the information we have in our system. To help address this in the future, you may want submit a Google News Sitemap. You can find more information at the reference below.

Thanks again for your question,
Harvey
References:
[1]
Creating a News Sitemap(Web)
www.google.com
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
Replies 1 - 2 of 2
gogoi
Level 4
4/3/11
The website is good and content is interesting as well, so i don't think your website would be removed from Google News.

Have you tried with News Sitemaps ? If there is some error, maybe you can consider correcting those issues.

It will be better to check Webmaster Tools for answers first.

Regards
~gogoi
Harvey P.
Google Employee
4/7/11
Best answer - Harvey P. (Google Employee)
Hi TNSV,

Thanks for your question. It looks like you may have modified the URLs of the sections you originally submitted for inclusion in Google News. This can sometimes prevent us from crawling your new content. It may be just a matter of updating the information we have in our system. To help address this in the future, you may want submit a Google News Sitemap. You can find more information at the reference below.

Thanks again for your question,
Harvey
References:
[1]
Creating a News Sitemap(Web)
www.google.com
Sign in to answer this question.
Subscribe
Receive email alerts when new replies are posted
Subscribe to the feed for this discussion
Go to: