28 Jul 2009 - 14 Nov 2012
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm | Friday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY'S 2011 FALL CAREER FAIR
** NOTE ** EMPLOYER REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JULY 1ST
Friday, September 30, 2011
Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
The Georgetown University Career Education Center is proud to host one of the Washington area's most exciting career fairs. Career Fair 2011 will connect more than 800 students from Georgetown University to employers representing a wide range of industries.
Employer Check-In: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Doors open to Students: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
We are committed to offering our students a diverse mix of jobs and industries; therefore, selection of career fair employers is based on the current job market conditions and student demands. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration has been approved.
- Non-Profit $275
- Government $400
- For-Profit $700
- Two representatives
- One 6 ft. x 12 in. table
- Hot breakfast for two reps
- Hot lunch for two reps
- Additional charge of $25 for each additional representatives (up to a maximum of four)
A limited number of career fair sponsorships are available for $1000 for for-profit companies and $700 for government agencies and nonprofit organizations. (Sponsorship costs do not include registration fees.)
Our sponsors receive:
- Table(s) with premium location at the entrance to the fair
- Use of two interview rooms in the Career Education Center on the day of the fair
- Placement of their company logo on the career fair Web site and brochure
- AV Electrical hook-up is available for $25
- Internet (high speed) is available for $350
- If requested prior to event, both will be at your booth no later than 9:00 a.m.
- If you would like to add AV electrical hook-up or Internet to your registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for registration cancellation/refunds must be made in writing by 5:00 p.m. on September 16, 2011. Please send your request to Kelly Sargent at email@example.com
. Employers that do not attend the day of the fair are still responsible for paying their fee in full if their request was not received by the above date. Employers that fail to pay in full will not be permitted to register for the next fair.
HOW TO REGISTER (REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JULY 1)
- All registrations will be managed online through Hoya Career Connection (HCC). (We cannot accept phone, email or fax registrations).
- After logging on to your Hoya Career Connection account, click on the "events" tab to register for the fair; you will see a "register" button under options on the career fair tab.
- If you no longer remember your HCC password, select the "forgot password" button from the login screen and a new one will be emailed to you.
- If you do not already have a Hoya Career Connection account, click "register" to create one. You will then be added to the list for all of our events. You will receive a username and password within two business days. Once you have received your username and password, you can login and register for Career Fair.
EMPLOYER BOOTH DIMENSIONS
- Display tables are 6-ft X 12-in
- ALL display materials must fit within these dimensions
- Please measure your display booth to make sure that it does not exceed this width or length
- In order to be fair to all employers, only booths within these dimensions will be displayed on the 1st.
We STRONGLY recommend that employers ship all materials in advance of the Fall Career Fair.
- Georgetown buses will no longer run from the Southwest Quad parking garage to the Leavey Center.
- There will be one golf cart-sized vehicle to help transport materials from the Southwest Quad to the Leavey Center but this vehicle has space and time restraints.
- Make the morning of the 1st easier on yourself and ship materials in advance.
- Boxes can be sent 3 days prior to the event date
- Boxes sent before this date will be returned by the GU Hotel due to limited storage capacity
- After mailing your packages, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your employer name, tracking number, contact person, and # of boxes
To ship materials (your Package Label should read):
Georgetown Hotel and Conference Center
Leavey Center, 3800 Reservoir Rd., N.W.
Washington, DC 20057
ATTN: Janice Hill, Your Employer Name, 2011 Fall Career Fair, September 30, 2011, # of Boxes (for ex. 1/3)
Parking fees are not included in the registration fee. We recommend taking public transportation.
Public Transportation (HIGHLY recommended)
- Metro stations closest to Georgetown University are Dupont Circle (Red Line) and Rosslyn (Orange & Blue Lines)
- From either Metro station, the campus can be reached by taxi or by using the free Georgetown University shuttle buses (GUTS).
- For more information and to see the GUTS schedule, please click here
Directions to Campus
- Check out a campus map and directions
- The Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center is located in the Leavey Center, to locate, click "Find a Building or Location," and then select "Leavey Center."
Southwest Garage (SW Garage)
If driving, this parking garage is recommended. LIMITED PARKING!
- A limited number of daily parking spaces are available in the Southwest Garage for a flat rate of $15 per day (cash only)
- This garage can be reached by entering campus from Canal Road
- You must pay when you ENTER the garage to park.
- If this garage is full, you may be redirected to a parking lot off campus and will need to take the shuttle back to campus.
The Leavey Center is a 10-minute walk up the hill on the right just past the football field and the business school building.
Please note: If you have been to campus in the past and taken the GUTS bus from the garage to the Leavey Center, this stop has been discontinued. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have mobility impairments you may want to consider trying to find a spot in the Leavey Center garage (please read below about number of spots/parking fees)
Leavey Center Garage and Lots
- The fee is $25 per day (cash only)
- A limited number of visitor parking spaces are available on an hourly or daily basis at the Leavey Center P-1 or Lot A.
- These spaces are managed separately by the Georgetown University Hospital and can be reached by entering campus from the Reservoir Road Entrance.
- ATMs are available in the Leavey Center.