37 captures
02 Sep 2006 - 19 Jul 2011
About this capture
off-campus student life
Renter's Insurance
OCSL strongly recommends that all students renting property purchase some form of renter's insurance.
Your landlord's policy does not cover any of your belongings. You must purchase renter's insurance to cover losses if any of your possessions (such as your laptop, CDs, clothes, or furniture) are lost due to theft or destruction.
Basic renter's insurance often includes protection for you in case someone is hurt in your home. Check with your insurance company, as policies and coverage differ.
Check with your parents to see if you're covered under their insurance policy. Students are typically covered under their parents' policy when living in campus housing, but are not covered when living off campus.
Renter's insurance is relatively inexpensive considering the protection it provides for you. Most insurance providers offer free quotes for renter's insurance online.
One source for such insurance is National Student Services, Inc., which offers student property insurance at discounted rates. .
Off-Campus Student Life​1300 36th St NW​Georgetown University​, Washington​, DC​20007 Phone: (202) 687-5138