65 captures
13 Oct 2001 - 18 Apr 2021
About this capture
Home » General Information » International Students
International Students

Although financial assistance is limited for international students (students who are neither U.S. citizens nor eligible non-citizens), some funding is available.
Undergraduates:  Georgetown offers a very limited number of need-based scholarships to selected first-year international students who demonstrate financial need for assistance.  Prospective international students who wish to be considered for one of these awards should indicate their intent on the Application for Undergraduate Admission and should submit a CSS/Financial Aid Profile online at CollegeBoard.com. 
Graduate Students:  Georgetown offers merit-based scholarships and fellowships to graduate candidates who are recommended by their program. International students compete for these awards on an equal basis with U.S. citizens.  For more information about these awards graduate students should contact their academic program department.   See below for information about the GU Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Scholarship for Peace.
The GU Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Scholarship for Peace:
This Georgetown scholarship was established by generous donors to enable international students with significant financial need, especially those from socially conflicted areas of the world, to receive a Jesuit education at Georgetown.  All international students who apply for admission to the University will be considered for the scholarship when they apply for admission.  Each school's admission committee nominates appropriate international candidates based on their admission application records.  Those candidates nominated for an Arrupe award (typically less than ten students each year) will be invited to complete a supplemental financial aid application to assess their financial need for the Arrupe scholarship award. 
Other Resources For International Students: 
U.S. Federal Financial Aid for "Eligible Non-Citizens": Financial aid is offered by the United States government to students who are either U.S. citizens or "eligible non-citizens".  Eligible non-citizens are those who are:  (1) U.S. permanent residents who have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I‑151 or I‑551), or (2) conditional permanent residents (I-551C), or (3) non‑U.S. citizens with an Arrival‑Departure Record (I‑94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service showing any of the following designations: (a) "Refugee", (b) "Asylum Granted", (c) "Indefinite Parole" and/or "Humanitarian Parole", or (d) "Cuban‑Haitian Entrant".   If you are an eligible non-citizen you may apply for U.S. federal aid funds by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).